Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 09-08-2019 01:48 PM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Masq
Navigator
Options
Having the same issue, Q8FN with FreeSync Ultimate turned on. Has happened to me a few times now. Has to be the new firmware, even though I didn't update and my TV says it's on 1251.

I think it just says that though and it did update... I used to be able to be able to have Game Motion Plus on with FreeSync enabled as well. Now, since the update (which I didn't download) the Game Motion Plus is not selectable with FreeSync on.

Has Samsung commented yet? This is absurd!
BogD
Explorer
Options

Tried a few days without FreeSync and whaddayaknow, no reboots obviously. Nothing new here. Sent an e-mail to Samsung support and their reply was to factory reset the TV and if the problem persists, call Samsung to ask for a technician who'll remotely connect to the TV and "make the necessary verifications". Unless a factory reset downgrades my firmware (which I've read it won't do), I doubt that will help, but I'm gonna try it anyway. Will come back with an update, ideally an actual fix, but I'm not getting my hopes up about it.

I highly suggest everyone in this thread (and anyone else reading who has this issue) contact Samsung support and do what they say, we need to make this issue known further than just this forum (it's possible support does not read this forum) so we can get a firmware update that fixes it.

Masq
Navigator
Options
Have you tried the new firmware update? If so, still having issues? I am having the same problem, I have not updated to 1270 fw since the updates seem to create more problems than the fix.
Zuchtbulle666
Journeyman
Options

I did a factory reset on my Qled Tv. I will give some feedback in a few days. Need to play some games now.

0 Likes
JehanQuadi
First Poster
Options
I have installed 1270 and new firmware does not fix the problem.
Masq
Navigator
Options

I bought a new HDMI cable over the weekend, I’ll try to test some Xbox tonight. I have only had this issue when playing Xbox One with FreeSync turned on. Normally happens within an hour to 90 minutes or so. I have not played the Xbox for a continuous hour + since getting the new HDMI cable, will post results.

0 Likes
Gg81
Explorer
Options

I bought the best quality hdmi cable but did not solve the problem...

0 Likes
Insanecubanboy
Apprentice
Options

It is an issue with the freesync, and at least for me it only happens when playing FIFA 19 and with the FIFA 20 beta as well. I also play RDR2 and Anthem but less, which could be a factor too. The solution is to disable freesync. I called Samsung support and they told me it (freesync) was a new technology and could cause some issues. I really hope they can figure this out soon, because I agree with you, FIFA without freesync sucks. 

0 Likes
Gg81
Explorer
Options

The AMD FreeSync technology has been on the market since 2015 and the PC monitors that use this will not be reboot! It is a standard technology that the Samsung admired the 2018 QLED television! No one brand new technology that should be boosted. Samsung also make a perfect freesync monitors long time ago....

BogD
Explorer
Options

Disabling freesync is not a "solution". It's a temporary workaround that should not be acceptable, since it's one of the most touted features of Samsung 2018 TVs. A lot of people (including myself) have bought these TVs exclusively because they have FreeSync. Also, FreeSync is not a new technology, it's been on the market for years now. The issues that might appear should at most be flicker and it sometimes not working (issues that are already present on these TVs). The TV rebooting is not an issue, it's a fatal flaw caused by firmware updates. Are you willing to put up with a TV that reboots once or twice per movie? I'm guessing no. It's the same situation here.