Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 16-07-2019 11:01 PM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Jaca24j
Explorer
Options

Same here Q6FN randomly restart when play on Xbox one x

Gg81
Explorer
Options

Same here!

When play games in PC with freesync !

Samsung support?!

This is a VERY VERY BIG PROBLEM!!!!

Gg81
Explorer
Options
Another big problem is,the freesync doesnt work randomly,but the tv is in freesync 120hz mode.....
0 Likes
Jafo1701
Journeyman
Options

My Q9FN had a hard lock up the other day.   Completely shut down and wouldn't reboot up.  Called Samsung tech support, of course no help.  My TV is 1 month out of warranty so they wouldn't bend on the issue at all.  I was looking at buying a new TV rather then pay for a repair.  Oddly enough, I unplugged everything left it for a few hours and the TV fired back up perfectly.  It hasn't had a reboot since then and I've put some long gaming sessions in with my 1X with Apex Legends.  I also just recently built a gaming PC.  I run it in 1440p/120hz, so long play sessions and no reboots.  I will be very wary of buying another Samsung set in the future though.  Not ruling it out, but if I pay $3800 for a TV at launch, I shouldn't have these problems and Samsung should bend over backwards to make things right.  I will be seriously looking at LG for the next set.  This is coming from a person who spend $2k on a Samsung 65" set in 2016 and then in 2018 spent another $3800 on their flagship Q9FN.   Hopefully this set will last till next year when the new model sets come out.  Pretty sad when you spend that much on a set and have to hope it lasts 2 years. 

Zuchtbulle666
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem . My Tv restart randomly while playing xbox and Shows the samsung Logo... I have the Q6fn 55" 2018 Qled Tv and Xbox One X. I hope Samsung can fix this Very soon.

Gg81
Explorer
Options

I'm afraid this is a hardware issue! When I play in 120hz mode, the one connect box gets very hot

0 Likes
Gg81
Explorer
Options

Why don't we get any answers? I bought this TV for 120hz gaming! It is thus useless for this purpose!

Jaca24j
Explorer
Options
because samsung is pissing off the problem. NOT BUY SAMSUNG SMART TV. Support not exist..
BogD
Explorer
Options

Q6FN here, also getting random reboots while playing on PC with freesync enabled (ultimate engine). Started around 9-12 May and it's been happening everyday for the last few weeks, this is unacceptable. I will try with basic for a few days to see if basic solves this, but I am extremely disappointed, especially since FreeSync was the main reason I bought the TV.

Later edit: 2 days later, basic seems to cause random reboots as well.  Going to try without any freesync for a few days.

It's clearly a firmware update that has caused this, since I've been using it to play PC games since last november and it only started happening in may. 

Samsung, we need you to do a firmware update to fix this.  And we would appreciate a response from a rep saying this is looked into instead of radio silence.

Zuchtbulle666
Journeyman
Options

It turned freesync off on my Qled Tv and played some games on my Xbox One X. I had no Tv Reboots so far with Freesync off. I Think it must have something to do with Freesync. Samsung please fix this error.