Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN One Connect Dolby Atmos/ eARC? HDMI Issues?

(Topic created on: 10-12-2018 09:18 PM)
HuntleyR
Student
Options

I just got a Q9FN and having similar issues to others that I have found.  I have a Denon 4400H receiver, with the eARC updated firmware,  I have a Dolby Atmos setup.  The only way I can get Atmos to work is to run all compnents through the receiver hdmi, then ARC to the OneConnect Box...  I lost the ability to have the FreeSync option when gaming, and the auto game mode, and I also run into handshake issues everynow and then.   If I switch from xbox to comcast or something, sometimes I lose all sound and have to power everything down....  very frusterating. 

I would love to use the OneConnect box as intended and just use the ARC to the receiver, but I can't get it to have Dolby Atmos, even with high end UBD9700 Samsung BluRay player, or any Nexflix app (TV or Xbox)..  So, yea.. sounds like the OneConnect box can't handle Atmos.    I'm hoping for a firmware update, but who knows???   Its' just stupid that a $3k TV can't do the latest audio format that has been around for a few years now...  I'm tempted to return the TV and go OLED..

Ideas??

Thanks

81 REPLIES 81
Hugystyle
First Poster
Options

@Jungleweed wrote:

I have the 65" Q9FN and HW-Q70R. I attached the Xbox One X directly to the soundbar and in the settings set the Xbox to Dolby Atmos output and 4k 60 fps with HDR10. I have the apps (Netflix, Stan, Prime). I haven't tested them all yet but Netflix will output Dolby Atmos with HDR10 video. As for the Netflix app on the TV, it will also show up as Dolby digital or Dolby digital + or Atmos but only when available from the content, otherwise it will be greyed out. Other content sources switch between PCM and Bitstream Dolby Digital as available such as free to air TV and videos from my Synology DiskStation via the DS Video app. I was initally annoyed I couldn't get the Xbox to pass through Atmos through the TV because it wouldn't let me select Dolby anything in the settings but now I've realized this way works very well anyway. The soundbar turns on when the TV turns on and when I select the Xbox app (added over the soundbar output with ARC) the soundbar switches from ARC to HDMI automatically and displays the Xbox, and I can also seamlessley go back to normal TV or the in-built apps. The only difference is a couple second delay bringing up video from the Xbox because the soundbar needs to switch modes and you can't control the volume using the TV remote when using the Xbox and have to use the soundbar remote. Because the Xbox plays blu-ray discs, has pretty much every app and even streams from my NAS this is pretty much ideal for me - I don't need to connect other devices directly to the soundbar and the TV switches to it seamlessly anyway. The Q9 even has an Apple TV app so it's not like I'd need to switch HDMI in on the soundbar with an Apple TV. Even if I had a set-top box though like for Sky... the Xbox has HDMI in on itself... so I imagine Atmos could find its way through passthrough on the Xbox. 

Long story short, if you use the in-built TV apps and have an Xbox connected through the soundbar and the soundbar connected with ARC to the TV, you should be able to enjoy all the Atmos content you have access to  relatively painlessly. 

hey, first of all thanks for the share I have exactly the same set up you have!
Does it means you plugged XBOX One s in HDMI regular port from soundbar (HDMI 1 or 2), then soundbar linked to TV via HDMI arc, then you downloaded the Xbox app on your TV, and when you launch it it automatically selects the soundbar HDMI port where the XBOX is plugged ?

0 Likes
Killzone
Journeyman
Options
Not great , kinda putting me off the Q900r as I have a full blown Atmos set up?
0 Likes
Killzone
Journeyman
Options
No really a Oled killer close but no Oled , the lack of Dolby Vision is also a pain
0 Likes
Killzone
Journeyman
Options
Do you not connect all your gear to the AVR HDMIs ?
0 Likes
kjkjk32
Pioneer
Options

Q9FN don't have eARC 

sooo  How you have something that is not an option on screen  ?

like eARC  ?

0 Likes
artur11
Apprentice
Options

Hello friend I had the same problem but yesterday I bought an Xbox One X but you can buy Xbox One S it is cheaper and I solved all these problems with dolby atmos and DTS X thing that Samsung should deal with with a proper update, now I can watch Netflix Amazon prime with good sound quality just like on YouTube and more

0 Likes
kjkjk32
Pioneer
Options

What you write You have a device for inserting the Netflix Amazon prime signal 

and transfer it to the receiver and from there to the TV?

So you didn't solve anything.

0 Likes
AS2107
Journeyman
Options

Was just wondering if the One Connect Box does not support eARC can Samsung not provide you me which supports eARC. 

0 Likes
Roland969
First Poster
Options

I have qled q9fn and this just started

Arc works for 50 seconds then goes back to tv speakers on its own

I set it up again and it goes back to tv speakers

I have done factory reset still does it again

What to do

0 Likes
stef59
Pioneer
Options

hello same for me I have a q9fn tv and a hw-q80r soundbar and the arc disconnects often what to do, thank you

0 Likes