Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN One Connect Dolby Atmos/ eARC? HDMI Issues?

(Topic created on: 10-12-2018 09:18 PM)
HuntleyR
Student
Options

I just got a Q9FN and having similar issues to others that I have found.  I have a Denon 4400H receiver, with the eARC updated firmware,  I have a Dolby Atmos setup.  The only way I can get Atmos to work is to run all compnents through the receiver hdmi, then ARC to the OneConnect Box...  I lost the ability to have the FreeSync option when gaming, and the auto game mode, and I also run into handshake issues everynow and then.   If I switch from xbox to comcast or something, sometimes I lose all sound and have to power everything down....  very frusterating. 

I would love to use the OneConnect box as intended and just use the ARC to the receiver, but I can't get it to have Dolby Atmos, even with high end UBD9700 Samsung BluRay player, or any Nexflix app (TV or Xbox)..  So, yea.. sounds like the OneConnect box can't handle Atmos.    I'm hoping for a firmware update, but who knows???   Its' just stupid that a $3k TV can't do the latest audio format that has been around for a few years now...  I'm tempted to return the TV and go OLED..

Ideas??

Thanks

81 REPLIES 81
NickyBiggz
First Poster
Options

How do you have a 75 inch q9 but have a *****ty sound bar? Where are your priorities sir?

0 Likes
Daskew78
Explorer
Options

I presume your *****ic comment was directed at me. Well first of all, the YSP 5600 is by far not a sh***y soundbar are you put it. It is an amaing bit of kit for a soundbar and although not as good as a 5.1 system it more than filled the purpose at the time and conditions it was needed for.  I had the soundbar prior to owning the TV and have since upgraded to a Denon AVR-3500H with a true 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos setup with some amazing Gallo Micro SE speakers.

Although that doesn't resolve the issue a HDFury Maestro allowing me to split the inputs and send the video direct to the TV and the sound direct to the AMP does resolve it .The good thing is that the Maestro pretty much supports every video and sound format known so it is not lost passing it through it and I get Dolby Atmos now.

I hope your small brain can comprehend that :smiling-face:

Regards
0 Likes
NickyBiggz
First Poster
Options

Small brain? Because i said sound bars are *****ty? I've had a 5.1.2 setup for a number of years and just upgraded my tv to a 75 inch samsung q8fn (didn't see a $1000 difference and don't want the one connect) and receiver to a str-dn1080. I never called you a name, just stated a fact that sound bars suck compared to a true surround sound setup. 

So anyway... does your maestro strip out 4k/60 with VRR and low latency (basically passthrough video) and full sound out the other split? Because everything i have read says i need an HD Fury and spend close to $300 for it. 

I would just run everything through my receiver but i lose VRR and low latency in order to get atmos. If i try to use "earc" i get squat even though receiver supports it.

0 Likes
NickyBiggz
First Poster
Options

Small brain? Because i said sound bars are *****ty? I've had a 5.1.2 setup for a number of years and just upgraded my tv to a 75 inch samsung q8fn (didn't see a $1000 difference and don't want the one connect) and receiver to a str-dn1080. I never called you a name, just stated a fact that sound bars suck compared to a true surround sound setup. 

So anyway... does your maestro strip out 4k/60 with VRR and low latency (basically passthrough video) and full sound out the other split? Because everything i have read says i need an HD Fury and spend close to $300 for it. 

I would just run everything through my receiver but i lose VRR and low latency in order to get atmos. If i try to use "earc" i get squat even though receiver supports it.

0 Likes
Daskew78
Explorer
Options

It's just your comment came across quite arrogant and I took offence to it. If no offence was intended I apologise. However, the 5600 is a serious soundbar and really is impressive. It doesn't sound like your average soundbar that for sure.

I'm not sure about VRR because I'm not a gamer, but if I remember it does support it (I can't say 100% though). Best bet is to email Ken Taurus <3dfury@gmail.com>. He's normally pretty quick to respond.

The good thing about the Maestro is that it's firmware upgradeable so if something comes out they will update it to be compatible if they can. I paid $999 +import duty for my which worked out about £1000 in the end but I got the RX as well as the TX so I can transmit upstairs. It's an amazing bit of kit and solved all my problems and I'm future proofed for a number of years.

Regards
0 Likes
Fredg46
Explorer
Options

Jack ryan series check it out for dolby atmos through the q9fn on Amazon Prime, make sure your sound is set to DD+ on the tv and watch Dolby Atmos scroll across and it's through ARC, a compressed version of Dolby Atmos. Can't get Dolby Atmos through Netflix on Samsung not supported. You may need to set some settings in prime itself if not still receiving atmos, Also make sure you have high speed HDMI 2.0a cables or higher, I am using the new Ultra high speed 2.1 HDMI at 48 Gbs just to make sure, and I have had no problems. By the way I'm from Queensland.

Fredg46
Explorer
Options

the post above was for,

@Rashyd wrote:

Hi there, 

From Sydney here. 

I have a Q9fn connected to a Hwn950 via Ark. How did you manage to get dolby atmos from Amazon video?

The only way I could get dolby atmos to work is through the Nvidia shield TV (downloaded dolby atmos videos). What is your setup may I ask? 

0 Likes
Rashyd
Explorer
Options

DD+ seemed to be grayed out. 

0 Likes
Daskew78
Explorer
Options
and there lies the problem! Samsung won't update them to support eARC.

I refuse to allow them to force me into purchasing a new TV so purchased a HDFury Maestro to split the signal. It was the only device I could find which supports all audio and video formats so I didn't lose any functions. You only need the TX if you are interested.
Regards
Rashyd
Explorer
Options

I am now having trouble with the smart remote. I have to press the home button multiple times to bring up the hub. Anyone else having this issue. I have reset the remote but it hasn't changed anything. 

0 Likes