Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN One Connect Dolby Atmos/ eARC? HDMI Issues?

(Topic created on: 10-05-2019 01:53 AM)
HuntleyR
Student
Options

I just got a Q9FN and having similar issues to others that I have found.  I have a Denon 4400H receiver, with the eARC updated firmware,  I have a Dolby Atmos setup.  The only way I can get Atmos to work is to run all compnents through the receiver hdmi, then ARC to the OneConnect Box...  I lost the ability to have the FreeSync option when gaming, and the auto game mode, and I also run into handshake issues everynow and then.   If I switch from xbox to comcast or something, sometimes I lose all sound and have to power everything down....  very frusterating. 

I would love to use the OneConnect box as intended and just use the ARC to the receiver, but I can't get it to have Dolby Atmos, even with high end UBD9700 Samsung BluRay player, or any Nexflix app (TV or Xbox)..  So, yea.. sounds like the OneConnect box can't handle Atmos.    I'm hoping for a firmware update, but who knows???   Its' just stupid that a $3k TV can't do the latest audio format that has been around for a few years now...  I'm tempted to return the TV and go OLED..

Ideas??

Thanks

81 REPLIES 81
Rashyd
Explorer
Options
Yep. 100mb download and 40mb download connected through cable (not wireless).
TV is connected to Hwn950 (in to the arc port).

Tried, but it's still grayed out.
Can't be a HDMI problem because I got the best one I could find on amazon.
0 Likes
Daskew78
Explorer
Options

Honestly you're almost there, just buy the HDFury Maestro TX (you don't need the RX) for $499 and you can do it. Best bit of kit I ever bought!

They also have the Diva being released in 5 days with a free LED strip for the back for your TV which will reproduce the colours on screen. That should also split the signal as you want as well and you get the LED strip free then with a pre-order.

Email them first though to confirm it does split the signal but i'm 99.9% sure it does. If not get the Maestro for the same price!

Regards
Rashyd
Explorer
Options

Just a quick question. Did you just call the premium care number and request for 2 new remotes and a fibre optic cable? 

I never got a fibre optic cable with mine. 

P. S I bought mine from Harvey Norman in Lidcombe, Sydney 

0 Likes
Rashyd
Explorer
Options
I'll have a look in to it.
0 Likes
Fredg46
Explorer
Options

Yes I got mine Harvey Norman also, but when i called Samsung they told me I was entitled to get those things, I also checked on their web site on premium warranty and it confirms it.

I think it depends on the source to get atmos, The best is uncompressed blu-rays otherwise your stuck with compressed versions that have to pass through the internet.

Daskew78
Explorer
Options
Most blu-rays have atmos but if not it will likely be DTS-HD. However, even Atmos on blu-rays is compressed. They would never fit it on the disk otherwise, but there's far less compression obviously.

I use an Xbox One S for streaming as it supports Atmos and HDR on the Netflix app and HDR and Atmos on Prime Video app also.

Overall I think it's the best streamer right now for the most common apps supporting atmos, hdr, hdr10. It just doesn't support HDR10+ yet but there's not much content for it yet anyway. Just some TV shows on Prime and a few blu-rays.
Regards
Fredg46
Explorer
Options

@Rashyd wrote:
Can't be a HDMI problem because I got the best one I could find on amazon.

Doesnt mean it's not faulty, could be worth a try if you have a spare high speed cable lying around, i went for a major overkill just to make sure it works and i know part of the cable won't work unless it is connected to eARC but I got the 48gb, ultra high speed, Belkin from HN, a bit expensive but atleast i know it can do what ever is thrown at it and I have had no problems, everything works as it should. I think all 2018 tv's and earlier will suffer the same problem for Atmos as they too probably do not have eARC on them yet, it is relatively new.

Rashyd
Explorer
Options

You guys have been way more informative and helpful than the actual Samsung customer service.

Thanks heaps fellas! 

Daskew78
Explorer
Options
I have only ever found Samsung support apawling at best. I honestly won't buy Samsung again.

Regards
Rashyd
Explorer
Options

Such a shame. I've been a hardcore Samsung fan since Note 1 came out. 

I probably have over $10,000 worth of Samsung products at home. Brand loyalty is killing me softly!