Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN HDMI issues.

(Topic created on: 10-07-2018 05:26 PM)
Dandle
Explorer
Options

Further from my post about my Yamaha receiver not handshaking properly and having to turn off both devices and replug them in. I have found out that it is a Samsung issue with the way they have implemented HDCP. 4k HDR signals are the hardest ones to get the receiver and TV to sync. There’s been massive threads about the one connect boxes in previous year having this issue due to the Samsung implementation of HDCP. 

Is there going to be a firmware fix for this TV because I can’t believe these issue are prevalent on these units. Its virtually useless with my receiver. Yamaha have been brilliant on the phone but are adamant that its Samsung’s problem.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Dandle wrote:

Further from my post about my Yamaha receiver not handshaking properly and having to turn off both devices and replug them in. I have found out that it is a Samsung issue with the way they have implemented HDCP. 4k HDR signals are the hardest ones to get the receiver and TV to sync. There’s been massive threads about the one connect boxes in previous year having this issue due to the Samsung implementation of HDCP. 

Is there going to be a firmware fix for this TV because I can’t believe these issue are prevalent on these units. Its virtually useless with my receiver. Yamaha have been brilliant on the phone but are adamant that its Samsung’s problem.

I often find that a TV these days should work with everything else out of the box. When it does not it will almost certainly be a fault if not a fault then the TV is no good for you. If it is less that 4 weeks old I would send it back for a replacement. If my spare 2015 32 inch Samsung smart tv can handshake with my Denon receiver with no probs via ARC and HDMI, then a 2018 state of the art TV should without any hassle.

Paul

0 Likes
Dandle
Explorer
Options
The TV is two months old today so can't return it unless I claim on the credit card its not fit for purpose. Hopefully they will come out with a fix, i'm not holding my breath though if the thread on this from the USA is anything to go by.

I phoned tech support and they were useless. I explained the issue and the lady went off to talk to the technician coming back saying they could send out a new lead to the screen. I explained that wasn't the issue and she came back telling me it didn't support 10 bit after I had already explained it does but the handshake is the issue. I gave up in the end when she summarised and said "so theres no picture". She clearly couldn't understand and she was then talking to a tech telling him the wrong info.

I tried to get a new one connect box but was told they don't supply them separately ever and I would have to have a technician come to my house to fix my OCB (i'm not to comfortable after paying this much to have the box taken apart). In the USA they can supply these OCB separately and even sell them on their own.
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Dandle wrote:
The TV is two months old today so can't return it unless I claim on the credit card its not fit for purpose. Hopefully they will come out with a fix, i'm not holding my breath though if the thread on this from the USA is anything to go by.

I phoned tech support and they were useless. I explained the issue and the lady went off to talk to the technician coming back saying they could send out a new lead to the screen. I explained that wasn't the issue and she came back telling me it didn't support 10 bit after I had already explained it does but the handshake is the issue. I gave up in the end when she summarised and said "so theres no picture". She clearly couldn't understand and she was then talking to a tech telling him the wrong info.

I tried to get a new one connect box but was told they don't supply them separately ever and I would have to have a technician come to my house to fix my OCB (i'm not to comfortable after paying this much to have the box taken apart). In the USA they can supply these OCB separately and even sell them on their own.

Thats rubbish as I had a ks9500 and had the one connect replaced. Did not work though. You should report the issue to your retailer and except the new cable as first repair. By offering it they are acknowledging there is a fault,  so if it does not work they have one more attempt and then you can ask for a refund. 

Paul

0 Likes