Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN HDMI Signal Issue

(Topic created on: 30-09-2018 02:12 PM)
FakeHelmet
Apprentice
Options

I unboxed and set up my new 75" Q9FN yesterday. I'm running Sky Q and a Samsung UHD Blue Ray player into it via a Yamaha Aventage AV receiver. Everything worked fine to start with, I had a few hours viewing (Sky Q) with no problems. This morning again everything was fine (watching Sky Q) however after approx 30 mins the screen went blank and I got a 'no signal' message. I switched to the UHD player (using it for the first time). Again, everything fine for the first 30mins or so, then I lose the picture and get 'no signal' again. 

I then tried running each source directly in to the TV and still nothing. However, after  switching it all off and leaving it for a few hours, upon start up it all started working again.......this time for approx 90mins, before I started getting black screens and then the dreaded 'no signal' screen.

Any ideas people??

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @FakeHelmet.

Could you tell us the software version currently on the TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @FakeHelmet, latest firmware for Q9F QLED is 1134 https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE75Q9FNATXXU/    Do you have HDMI control activated?

Some Samsung users have reported issues with Sky Q , latest I've heard from a few weeks ago is that Sky and Samsung still working on this (according to  Community Manager on Sky forums) They've suggested using Long key press to turn TV on/off or  using  Skyq Remote may provide may  sort issue out.  If Sky Box in Eco Mode could try changing it to None to see of that makes a difference. Other fixes that  may work include a factory reset of the Tv , pulling power from devices for 20 seconds  and turning input devices on (in your case Sky and the Blueray )before the TV .

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
FakeHelmet
Apprentice
Options

It's on the latest version. I have made some progress - I think the Yamaha receiver was configured to remain transparent when passing on the signal from the HDMI source (SkyQ or Samsung UHD BluRay). I changed a setting on the AV receiver and the TV now recognices that its receiveng a signal from the Yamaha. This has improved things to an extent HOWEVER I am still getting an intermittent problem where the TV seems to loose the signal from the source device. The screen starts by going black, the picture then returns and then goes off again. Eventually the picture resolves to the no signal screen. At this point even if I change the source the TV still wont display the screen. It's really random when this happens. Sometimes it will work perfectly fine for hours before, for no apparent reason, the screen begins to flicker (to a black screen and back) and then finally I get the no signal screen. Quite often, if you leave it the image will return but obviously this is not acceptable.

FakeHelmet
Apprentice
Options
Running the latest version.
0 Likes
FakeHelmet
Apprentice
Options
Hi. The version is 1134

Thanks.
0 Likes