Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9F Freesat series recording UK, has anyone got this working?

(Topic created on: 08-10-2018 08:53 PM)
RayH
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I am trying to get record series working for freesat broadcasts in the uk. it only seems to record once and the never repeats, seems like a software bug to me as setting up a manual record on repeat works fine,

Really annoying as the Tv works well for everything else, has anyone had the same issue?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@RayH wrote:

Hi

I am trying to get record series working for freesat broadcasts in the uk. it only seems to record once and the never repeats, seems like a software bug to me as setting up a manual record on repeat works fine,

Really annoying as the Tv works well for everything else, has anyone had the same issue?

It is a known fault with the Samsung. It was the same with the js ks and q9f.  Their customer support will not admit but I had the same issue and got a full refund as they admitted it could not be repaired. It affects scheduled recordings,  and works for a couple of weeks then stops. Time shift and recording what you are watching works,  which proofs that you USB drive is ok. They tried to blame everything,  including wrong types of USB drive,  the terrestrial broadcasters. They me doing resets,  had the one connect replaced and the main PCB board.  t was only when they offered to replace my ks9500 with a Q9F that they told me that they had an ongoing issue with scheduled recording and it might not work on the q9f. It did not work. It is part of the TV spec and if it does not work as advertised then it is faulty under the 2015 consumer law. More info on the ks owners refund more info thread on these forums. 

Paul

0 Likes
RayH
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Paul

At least they aware of it, so hopefully one day they will fix it. 

It may be a bug or maybe they are not licensed to use the Freesat epg in that way.

But I agree they should make it clear and disable the option until they get it working.

They should also list the improvements in the updates they issue, that way we would know what has been fixed

Thanks

Ray

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@RayH wrote:

Thanks Paul

At least they aware of it, so hopefully one day they will fix it. 

It may be a bug or maybe they are not licensed to use the Freesat epg in that way.

But I agree they should make it clear and disable the option until they get it working.

They should also list the improvements in the updates they issue, that way we would know what has been fixed

Thanks

Ray

The funny thing is the problem is the same with Freeview and freest,  yet I have both a Samsung freest recorder and Samsung 32 inch older smart TV which work perfectly. They have now had nearly 3 years to fix and what is even worse is they are selling these TV's knowing about this issue without telling anyone. It makes me wonder how they get away with it. I would not bet on it being fixed,  as they told me it is not fixable and is an ongoing issue. 

Paul

0 Likes
RayH
Apprentice
Options

it seems the series link is now working, but now it no longer manages to record anything that has breen scheduled, either manually or automatically, does anyone jave this issue

0 Likes
LittleSteamer79
Student
Options

I have a Q49 which has the same problem. The use of the Series Link radildly uses up the permitted 30 reservations, which then brings up the Message “Too Many Reservations”. The only way to resolve this is to do a complete Reset. This is a bit of a pain as you then have to set up all the App passwords etc, which some will recognise a Bluetooth Keyboard but others will not. Thereafter you should only use the record Once for each reservation. This is a bit of a pain for Daily Serials. I originally had a 1 TB hard drive connected to the powered USB Port, but it then decided to stop recording, but I could still watch recordings. I am now using a 64 Gb USB 2 stick which has now been working for 2 weeks.

0 Likes
LittleSteamer79
Student
Options

@LittleSteamer79 wrote:

I have a Q49 which has the same problem. The use of the Series Link radildly uses up the permitted 30 reservations, which then brings up the Message “Too Many Reservations”. The only way to resolve this is to do a complete Reset. This is a bit of a pain as you then have to set up all the App passwords etc, which some will recognise a Bluetooth Keyboard but others will not. Thereafter you should only use the record Once for each reservation. This is a bit of a pain for Daily Serials. I originally had a 1 TB hard drive connected to the powered USB Port, but it then decided to stop recording, but I could still watch recordings. I am now using a 64 Gb USB 2 stick which has now been working for 2 weeks.

I have now discovered further Software problems. Samsung sticks rigiedly to the the Guide timings for Recrdinds. This means you lose the ends of some of the Main Programmes. Sky always added 3-5 minutes to each recording which meant you always viewed the whole Programme. also Programmes with the same title are not grouped, but interspersed with othe Recordings. just when will Samsung get some decent Software Engineers who can resolve all these problems.

0 Likes
LittleSteamer79
Student
Options

At long last they seem to have got recording working. I updated the Software to the latest issue and I am using a Hitachi Hard Drive, ex Laptop, in an Inatek USB3 case. I will no try Series Recording in case the 30 limit remains, another Reset. I have now been recording, in various forms, for the past two weeks, including 2 simultaneous Freesat, without any problems. The TV did carry out a Performance Check when the hard drive was plugged in. Note also the USB socket on the television has a Blue Insert indicating USB3.

0 Likes