Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9F Dirty whites

(Topic created on: 04-02-2019 11:07 PM)
BPM382
First Poster
Options

I have a brand new 2018 65" Q9FN. When watching a hockey game, where the ice surface is bright white, the white ice looks like it is dirty. It's hard to describe, but looks like a dirty black screen

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AntS
Options

Hi @BPM382:smiling-face:

Are you able to post a picture of what you're seeing?

Do bright whites appear like that across all sources? Any other colour weirdness you've noticed?

And, out of curiosity, which hockey team do you follow?

0 Likes
BPM382
First Poster
Options

Bright whites do not appear like that over all sources.  I believe what I am seeing is commonly known as DSE "Dirty Screen Effect".  It is only visible, so far anyway, when watching hockey, when a large portion of the screen is white.  It looks exactly like it is described, a dirty screen. 

0 Likes
BPM382
First Poster
Options

I have only watched hockey on cable so I don't know if it is across all sources as I have not watched it over the air.  I believe what I'm seeing is commonly referred to as DSE dirty screen effectI. I am wondering if it is a bad panel or something I just have to live with? it is only noticeable when the screen is filled mostly with the color white such as in a hockey game..Bruins

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Cool. I'm an Oilers man myself. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Hard to determine if it is a bad panel. If you get the same effect on different sources, then I would venture to say yes it is, and to decide whether it's something you can live with or to get an exchange if you're still within the retailer returns period.

0 Likes
BPM382
First Poster
Options

Thanks..it is 100% DSE, dirty screen effect.  there are DST test patterns in 4k on YouTube that I ran and I get the same DSE on my brand new Q9FN.  It is quite annoying while watching hockey.

0 Likes
SaneChoice
Apprentice
Options

There is a lot of this going on accross different ranges. Have a look at my previous post here.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Samsung-Q70R-Dirty-Screen-Effect-Is-this-a-fault/m-p/1491330#...

0 Likes