Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9F (2018) screen off when listing music.

(Topic created on: 10-03-2019 07:15 PM)
Madmaus
Navigator
Options

Ok simple question. 

I own an 65Q9F and I always listen to music through my TV.

On my previous TV (Sony bravia) I could turn off the screen but I have absolutely no idea how to do that with my Samsung.

I cant find any app who goes to screen saver mode nor does the TV do that.

Is there a way to listen to music with the screen off (or in ambient mode).

It seems ridicules to have my 65 inch onn just for the speakers, just an waist of energy and money. 

3 REPLIES 3
pjo65
Explorer
Options

Seems that Samsung has decided that this is an unwanted feature! I was stunned by the fact tha my q90r lacks the feature to turn screen off, while my old 6-series have this. Also amazed that Samsung doesn't seem to bother looking in to this or at least comment this! I mean: It's a Samsung forum.

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Hi there, @Madmaus. This isn't possible on most Samsung TV's. But with the Q9F you can use Ambient Mode.

Whilst this doesn't turn the TV off when music is playing. You can set it to display the song that is being played. Check out more info on this here.

Hope this helps!

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
pjo65
Explorer
Options

@DannyT wrote:

Hi there, @Madmaus. This isn't possible on most Samsung TV's. But with the Q9F you can use Ambient Mode.

Whilst this doesn't turn the TV off when music is playing. You can set it to display the song that is being played. Check out more info on this here.

Hope this helps!

No it isn't because you decide for reasons unknown to all Samsung TV-lovers that this is an "unwanted feature" And plese do not anymore refer to this Ambient Mode. Why? Because it's useless and do not solve the question at hand.

B.R. /Patrik

0 Likes