Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q90R TV and Q90R soundbar not working correctly with ARC

(Topic created on: 05-11-2019 04:32 PM)
m-oc
Navigator
Options

I have the TV and soundbar of the same name - Q90R. Presumably they are designed to work together...

If if I connect my 2 HDMI sources to the soundbar and use the HDMI ARC to connect to the TV, everything works fine except that my TV remote will switch the TV and soundbar off. However, if I switch the TV on with the TV remote, the soundbar does not switch on. Why would it switch off but not on?  This is how you are advised to set it up in the manual. 

Everything is enabled on Anynet+ CEC and the universal remotes also set up. Volume controls also work from TV remote. Just not switching on both devices together.  I also sometimes have to switch the source off/on to have it recognised.  The only way to switch on the soundbar is with its own remote. 

Interestingly, if I move my 2 HDMI sources to connect to the TV and not the soundbar, the TV remote will switch both devices on AND off and works perfectly in this regard. However, then I get unreaolveable lip sync issues and don’t even get me started on that!

Any ideas (or fixes - Samsung) gratefully received. 

148 REPLIES 148
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

Resignation is not what's going to happen with me. I spent way too much money for this stuff to accept something like that.

m-oc
Navigator
Options

Please note that I am still following up with the CEO office and so far they seem quite helpful.  I haven't yet got a resolution but they are updating me at least every other working day.

0 Likes
slomar
Explorer
Options

Well, hopefully you two have better luck than me.  If you do get a permanent resolution, let me know and then I might chase it more.  It's just gotten to the point where I'm spending more time with support than I am to correct the issues when they occassionally arise.  And dealing with their support people irritates me more than dealing with the TV / soundbar. 

0 Likes
m-oc
Navigator
Options

I will update here as soon as I have more information.  

0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options
Glad that the tip helped you too. Not every management team may react in the same way. Also the content of the message may affect the reaction. The art is to find the balance between content and size of the request.
0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

Technician was at my place and changed the mainboard of the one-connect box. Didn't fix the issue. Very curious what now will happen.

userjYtfoTda0t
Pioneer
Options

@primalair wrote:

Technician was at my place and changed the mainboard of the one-connect box. Didn't fix the issue. Very curious what now will happen.

Hi, Did the Technician record the issue (and that replacement didn't help)?

The issue in this context, is that the ability to stay connected to the soundbar or also the Dolby Digital delay bug?

0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

@userjYtfoTda0t my issue was only regarding the automatic switch on of the soundbar together with the TV. After the unsucessful repair atempt Samsung offered me now few options. I have choosen to return my Q85R. I could also return the soundbar but I don't see anything better on the marked I could turn to. They also offered me a free upgrade to a q90r as a compensation for all my troubles I had, but I really worry to much that I would end up with the same troubles just with a higher quality TV. Anyway this was a very kind offer from Samsung I have to admit.

m-oc
Navigator
Options

I have the Q90R TV and soundbar and have the same issue with the switching on. So I don't believe that the upgrade will solve your issue. I am in contact with the CEOs office/escalation team trying to resolve it. 

0 Likes
slomar
Explorer
Options

Same... I have the Q90r TV / soundbar.  I'm not convinced the lip sync issue can be fixed with anything short of an eARC update on the TV.  The CEC issues are there, but have become mostly infrequent for me... plus, my work around with the Nvdia Shield is to use IR to control the volume of the soundbar.  Operationally, I like that a little more because if I use CEC... it only shows +/- on the soundbar when changing the volume versus the actual volume level number when I use IR.  But, that means I have to point the remote at the soundbar to change the volume which is the drawback.  Still not a bug-free configuration though and I'd like CEC to actually work as intended.  

0 Likes