Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q90R TV and Q90R soundbar not working correctly with ARC

(Topic created on: 06-10-2019 01:46 PM)
m-oc
Navigator
Options

I have the TV and soundbar of the same name - Q90R. Presumably they are designed to work together...

If if I connect my 2 HDMI sources to the soundbar and use the HDMI ARC to connect to the TV, everything works fine except that my TV remote will switch the TV and soundbar off. However, if I switch the TV on with the TV remote, the soundbar does not switch on. Why would it switch off but not on?  This is how you are advised to set it up in the manual. 

Everything is enabled on Anynet+ CEC and the universal remotes also set up. Volume controls also work from TV remote. Just not switching on both devices together.  I also sometimes have to switch the source off/on to have it recognised.  The only way to switch on the soundbar is with its own remote. 

Interestingly, if I move my 2 HDMI sources to connect to the TV and not the soundbar, the TV remote will switch both devices on AND off and works perfectly in this regard. However, then I get unreaolveable lip sync issues and don’t even get me started on that!

Any ideas (or fixes - Samsung) gratefully received. 

148 REPLIES 148
Thomasvdm
Student
Options

I have exactly the same annoying issue with my 82Q70 together with the HW-Q90R bar.

not turning on my bar, connection losing everytime when switching hdmi inputs.

back to TV speaker everytime.

sometimes need to reconfigure it again did it almost 5 times now in a week.

please Samsung fix this ARC issue!

I bought this together because this obviously should work like a charm together... NOT!

any progress yet? 

I will definately call samsung about this.

br Thomas

0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

Just wanted keep you guys updated. The promised update about reproduceability of our issues, commited for early last week of course didn' happen till now. I just contacted the support yesterday again to ask about it, but they only seen that this should be done but not when. All they could tell me was that they will remind the agent. It would be funny, if it would not be so sad...

0 Likes
m-oc
Navigator
Options

I also need to chase Samsung. I haven't had an update on my ticket raising this and the lip sync issues. I sent a document explaining how I've tried to connect everything up in 2 ways, what the problems are and what I would like to be investigated. Please keep us updated and I will do the same. 

0 Likes
slomar
Explorer
Options

Commenting mostly to follow updates on this issue, but I'm having a ton of issues with the Q90 TV soundbar combo. I have the lip sync issue and the issue with the TV switching to TV speaker on start up when I leave it off overnight.

I wish both of these were still in the return period, but the soundbar expired because I had to return the original Q90r TV for a bad panel. I really don't want to box this new one back up to return again, but at this price point I might consider it. I am really wishing I went with LG because now I'll have brand mismatch if I go get and LG TV with this soundbar which will probably give me some new headaches.

I too called support about the audio sync issue yesterday without much luck. 

0 Likes
m-oc
Navigator
Options

Let's start creating a list of tickets raised for this.  Make sure you get a ticket reference and then you can keep chasing.  If we have a big list of tickets then maybe Samsung will start to appreciate the scale of this issue.  Mine is 2117968746.

0 Likes
slomar
Explorer
Options

Unfortunately I didn't get a ticket number when I called yesterday about the audio sync issue. I thought this TV speaker switch was a random one until I woke up to the same issue again today. They did say they would escalate to engineering, but I assume this is probably not going to get fixed quickly, if ever. 

Does anyone know if disabling anynet + on both the TV and the soundbar makes any difference? I can use the fire TV remote to turn the TV and soundbar off if that's the case. 

Packaging this TV up for return was nightmare the first time, I can't believe I'm likely going to do this a second time. 

0 Likes
m-oc
Navigator
Options
They will have raised a ticket against your name, address, etc. So if you call back again then just ask them for it.

I don't think disabling anynet+ will help but you can of course try it. I believe it made things worse when I tried it.
0 Likes
slomar
Explorer
Options

I might call them back, but every time I call it seems like they have no history of any of my calls. When I replaced the original TV, I had to call back to get the bundle discount and give the person the ticket number because they acted like they were talking to me for the first time. 

More than likely I'll be calling them back to issue a return though. Samsung isn't exactly known for their speed at resolving software related issues. 

This is really bumming me out. I was gonna get the C9 and SL10Y, but I have two other Samsung TVs I've never had issues with and a Galaxy S10+ and wanted to stay in their ecosystem. I don't even have the box anymore for the soundbar to try to force them to extend the return window for that so I can start over. 

0 Likes
SeeNoWeevil
Explorer
Options

I'd actually recommend tweeting Samsung support in your region over using the usual support contact. They're much better. Make sure you expressely state that you want the issue forwarded to the team responsible for deciding on future firmware updates. You won't have any way to track it, nor get any kind of commital to a fix, but at least this way you stand some chance of the issue finding its way to the people who can actually get a fix planned.

0 Likes
m-oc
Navigator
Options
I agree that the Twitter team can be helpful but ultimately they tell you to phone in and then you get to speak to the less helpful people.
0 Likes