Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q90R No Signal from Windows 10 PC with Input Signal Plus Enabled

(Topic created on: 16-02-2020 02:45 AM)
IIGrayFoxII
Apprentice
Options

Hi All,

I'm having some fun and  games with my Q90R having connected it up to my Windows 10 desktop PC (via NVIDIA 1080GTX HDMI 2.0 port). I'm currently trying to get HDR working from the PC on this screen at any resolution 1080p 30Hz/60Hz, 4K 60Hz, but there seems to be what I can only describe as some sort of handshake type issue between the TV and the PC because as soon as I enable "Input Signal Plus" on the HDMI port at the TV, the TV loses signal and my primary monitor flickers continously as it detects the TV and then drops connection. This problem also persists whilst using only the Samsung Q90R too. As soon as "Input Signal Plus" is turned off, it all works just fine, only I cannot enable HDR at all. It works flawlessly at 4k 60Hz, 1080P 120Hz but this is baffling m.

I've tried a variety of short HDMI 2.0 cables which I know work from my PS4 Pro and XBOX One X (1.5m - 2m length), and have tried using all of the HDMI ports from the One Connect box, but the problem persists. I do have a HW-Q70R soundbar also connected to the One Connect box with ARC enabled, and will look at eliminating that shortly.

If anyone else has had a similar problem and found a way to get HDR working via Input Signal Plus without the Windows PC having a total head-fit and found a solution they could share, I'd be most appreciative. I've had a search on the forum and spent a couple hours on google but didn't turn up a whole lot.

Kind regards.

62 REPLIES 62
Foxlightning
Journeyman
Options

Yep this is the exact problem...

0 Likes
IIGrayFoxII
Apprentice
Options
Hi @CarlH. I had experienced the problem as soon as input signal plus was enabled whilst viewing the desktop. HDR hadn't even been enabled on Windows at that point as this option is unavailable within windows until input signal plus is enabled, putting this into a chicken and egg type of problem. It seems that the others also reporting this same problem are also falling foul to the same issue. I had a benefit of having another HDR capable TV which I could use to rule out my pc setup, and have been able to work around the issue using displayport over usb-c and a hdmi 2.0b converter, but the problem is still there for me if connecting directly with hdmi. I've also seen others have a similar problem and managed to get around it with a hdmi extender between the TV and pc connections.

It's not specifically a gaming issue but a display setup problem. This is with the latest build(s) of Windows 10 during every one of my own tests, along with the latest nvidia drivers as well.
0 Likes
matberg
First Poster
Options

Exact same problem for me with my Q70R !

0 Likes
Andremi
Journeyman
Options

I also got caught struggling with this problem last night. (Q950R, WIn10, Nvidia. Latest TV firmware, all new drivers.) Really annoying to have the screen just go black.

Thankfully I managed to notice that the settings that were being automatically 'optimized' were in the 'external device' menu so I manged to get the picture back by turning off 'Input Signal Plus'. However I'm stuck with no HDR now. I will try again today with a HDMI switch between PC and TV to see if that makes any difference.

I really hope Samsung can fix this as fast as possible with a firmware update.

Joshstevo88
Apprentice
Options

New firmware today 1351.3 - still no fix. Some people reporting other issues with tv netflix dobly etc. No new issues for me. Still input signal plus problem

Andremi
Journeyman
Options

Still on 1335 firmware version here. Guess they roll out differently in different parts of the world. Sad to hear that they didn't fix the issue though 😞

0 Likes
Neoghost13
First Poster
Options

Hi do you find any solución guys! I have the same problem with gtx 1080 and Samsung ru 7405. The only thing i Discovery is if i use a display Port adapter  to HDMI  i can use HDR and actívate but imposible with HDMI cable

0 Likes
Foxlightning
Journeyman
Options

Sadly nothing yet

0 Likes
Eldreus
Apprentice
Options

"Handshake" to this post. Really hoping it's an issue that can be solved without a workaround in the future. I'll also look into an HDMI switch in the meantime. C'mon Samsung. 

0 Likes
Andremi
Journeyman
Options

Sadly It made no difference for me when I put an HDMI-switch inbetween. This is taking kinda long. I've had my TV for almost 5 months and no fix yet 😞

0 Likes