Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q85R Not recognizing HDMI ports

(Topic created on: 11-12-2019 12:33 PM)
Joedo
Apprentice
Options

Hi

Recently got the 65inch Q85R TV and after i set it up with the One connect and the external devices i.e Sky Q and PS4 all was working great. Then out of the blue a week after set up HDMI Port 1 would not identify the SKY Q, I thought it maybe the SKY box but i found the PS4 HDMI wasnt workiing either.  Ive unplugged one connect, all the external devices, reset and left unplugged over night but nothing has worked. 

Has this happened to anyone else. 

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options
@Joedo: Do you have any other external devices that you can try to see if the issue persists? Similarly, do you have access to other HDMI cables that you can try, to eliminate the possibility of a faulty cable? It may be worth going to Menu > Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now, to see if there are any updates available that may address this. If the product is fully up to date and the issue persists with multiple devices and cables, then I recommend reaching out to the retailer if you're within 30 days of the purchase date. Alternatively, please contact the Samsung AV Team on 0333 000 0333 to speak to an advisor, who will be able to assist you further.
GH36
Apprentice
Options

Hi, did you resolve this issue? I have just installed this TV and have the same issue, initially all working fine. Virgin setup and working + a DVD player in HDMI port 1 & 2. However Day 2 overnight and both are now not working. TV seems fine but getting msg 'Check Device Power'. I have tested both devices on another TV and working fine it seems to be a problem with the One connect?

Joedo
Apprentice
Options

Hi. Unfortunately, no I did not manage to get the issue fixed. I did contact Samsung technical who ran some test on the all the HDMI ports but unfortunately they could not fix the issues, which leads me to believe that it was a faulty one connect box but Samsung technical didn’t really seem to be that bothered. Their recommendation was that seeing as I was still within 28 days of purchase, I should contact the store I purchased it from and get them to replace the TV.

So that’s what did, I got a new replacement TV and so far, fingers crossed it’s all working well.  Not the best solution as I had to wait 2 weeks for a suitable delivery date but it did sort the issue.

GH36
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the reply
Pedpin
Navigator
Options

Hi there.

Any additional feedback about the problem.

I have a 55 Q85r and I have the same problem the HDMI does not detected the sources.

I have tried with a blue ray,  a tv set top box a PC and I do not manage to put the HDMI working. 

Bought different new cables and no result.

Any feedback or solution?

0 Likes
GH36
Apprentice
Options

Hi There,

Unfortunately not yet resolved of what this actual problem is. Luckily I purchased through JohnLewis and when told about the problem they instantly offered an exchange or refund. I hope this is just good customer service and not a known bad batch of TVs...

My new TV is actually due today so hopefully will be resolved, perhaps go back to your retailer? 

Sorry not much more help

0 Likes
Joedo
Apprentice
Options
Hi

The same for me. Never solved the issue John Lewis replaced the TV.
My personal opinion is that it was a faulty one connect box.
0 Likes