Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Q7FN HDMI resolution indicator not updating

(Topic created on: 09-06-2019 11:57 PM)
caboomgr
Pioneer
Options

Hello,

When using HDMI inputs (ex. PC), when you press the OK button, on the top right part of the screen, it shows the resolution that you are currently using.

I have noticed that when I change resolutions, ex. going from 1080p 120Hz to 4k 60Hz, or whatever small change you might do, the indication does not change. So, I might be running my PC on 4k 60Hz and the indication still shows 1080p 60 Hz from the previous setting that I had when I first turned on the TV. And the only way to see the current resolution is to actually turn off the TV and turn it back on again.

I confirm that the same problem existed with the Q7 2017 model because I actually had one a while ago.

Is there a workaround or a fix? I am using latest firmware 1202.

Regards

51 REPLIES 51
caboomgr
Pioneer
Options

Hey @Beeswax ,

Well, simply LOL.

Yes I confirm that your workaround works. I never tried it before, so kudos to you :smiling-face:

Unfortunately this is not a fix but still.. a good workaround thank you.

Regards

Beeswax
Explorer
Options

Thanks for confirming 

neodraig
Apprentice
Options

That's crazy that a TV that expensive can't display some basic information without tinkering with the settings.

I really hope that Samsung will fix that, my old Samsung TV which wasn't as fancy as the Q7FN never failed to display the proper information.

caboomgr
Pioneer
Options

I know yes.. It's disappointing.. But then again, Samsung never had a good reputation for their software.. They were always about making good hardware, but software was always buggy at some points. Which is too bad for such an expensive TV I agree...

kojiro
Apprentice
Options

@Beeswax

Thanks man that's the kind of wonky workarounds I wanted to see when subbing here. 😄

0 Likes
GoodSmelly
First Poster
Options

Same issue with 65" model RU8000 and freesync does not work with pc.

0 Likes
Y_T
Student
Options

Does anyone have any updates on this ? THis issue with the source info never being right is really annoying. 

GoodSmelly
First Poster
Options

on your tv you can go to settings- support- self daig-signal info. Its kinda lame but it works

0 Likes
Ramsey
First Poster
Options

I own the Samsung UE40NU7110  and the info on screen also doesn't work for me. I have my PS4 and XboxOne hooked up and on both devices are locked to send 1080p out but when I press the Info button on my Samsung remote control I noticed it's not giving me 1080p but only 720p.  But that resolution info is now also gone when I turn on either the PS4 or XboxOne. Now I only see the date and nothing else. I read this bug can occur if you switch the HDMI cables too often or if you rename the input from standard HDMI to something else. Anyway, I hope they can fix this bug soon. 

0 Likes
caboomgr
Pioneer
Options

Hello @GoodSmelly ,

I have tried this, and unfortunately it does not work for HDMI inputs. This is only for seeing some more information on the TV broadcast signal.

The only workaround that I know works, is what Beeswax said on the end of page 2.

Hitting OK right before the resolution change, it will force the TV to update the info to the correct one.

Regards

0 Likes