Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70RATXXU and Q70R connectivity and sound problems. Channel sequencing illogical. HELP PLEASE

(Topic created on: 28-01-2020 05:40 PM)
Coupe
First Poster
Options

Hi Everyone,

I have looked through the postings on here and cannot find all the same issues that I have.

My set up is Samsung 49Q70RATXXU (TV), Samsung Sound Bar Q70R with Sky Q 1TB (not connected directly to TV). All purchased new in October 2019. Sky installed November 2019.

The issues:

Sound

Sound is very poor via Sky (clearly a well known problem and I am trying various fixes to improve)

Sound is just about OK when in apps, Freeview, Netflix etc but here are the real issues. The sound bar is only any good when connected via Bluetooth, but when connected via HDMI, ARC , WiFi or Optical it is very average to poor.

When in settings on the TV it only shows PCM and Dolby being available but Dolby+ is greyed out.

I have updated the TV to latest firmware.

I have tried updating the soundbar SmartThings tells me its on the latest version of firmware but it isn’t, the latest is 1008 and its on 1007.9.

Channels

When downloading terrestrial channels, they are listed completely randomly and not sequentially.

Any help or suggestions for the above issues will be appreciated.

Thanks....

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0