Did you mean: 

Q70R vertical lines in centre of screen

(Topic created on: 21-02-2020 01:08 PM)
JamieG80
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I hope someone can assist.

I very recently purchased a Samsung Q70R and straight away noticed an issue. There are thick vertical stripes in the centre of the screen that run the full height of the TV, one that is slightly brighter than the rest of the display surrounded on each side by a darker stripe. Each of these three stripes are around 3 inches wide.

It appears in all picture modes and is particularly noticeable and distracting when the image is panning. 

I would really appreciate some assistance with this, as i feel i have spent a lot of money on a TV that does not perform as advertised.

Many thanks in advanc

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
MannyA
First Poster
Options

Can this be fixed with a firmware update ? 

0 Likes
elia_che
First Poster
Options

Hey Jamie,

there are plenty of Sams monitors with the same issue. This is a major Sams fault and is relate to the screen board's resistors. The overheating issue. There are few video on Youtube posted regarding that issue. Sams reps won't admit that

0 Likes
elia_che
First Poster
Options

100%, never ever buy Samsung. The faulty screen boards, poor component quality relate to this major issue. The lousy Samsung service, NO WARRANTY HONORED despite claims that there is a warranty

0 Likes