Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Q7 Vertical Banding

(Topic created on: 25-02-2018 06:54 PM)
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

Just purchased a Q7 49", and it has become apparent there is some faded vertical banding present on the screen - mainly when watching sports (footy/rugby) as the camera pans across the pitch. I have upgraded to the latest and greatest firmware - though unaware what the changes are - and not sure if it has made any difference.

I have been in touch with Samsung support, who have advised exchanging the screen as it is so new.

Has anyone else had this issue - seems to be quite prevalent in the States, and does it get any better with usage (my old LED TV suffered from terrible ghosting when new, but sorted itself out with continued use)? My concern being I exchange the screen for something with the same issue, or even more noticeable.

0 Likes
Go to solution
11 REPLIES 11
David1981john
First Poster
Options

I have had these issues but when the technician came and I showed him he said that it must be my netflix, I have her account. Notice banding on dark colour screens more. Some panining issues and serious blooming on game loading screen. They would take my screen and would have to wait for a replacement screen. Had trouble from the very start as shop mis sold me this product as a full backlit model it was an edge lit. I have had no offers of same day exchange or replacement 😞

0 Likes
Sunny69
Pioneer
Options
Hi all,

I have a QE65Q65900R 8K it's 3 months old and suffers from this banding issue,
Samsung Technical have had a look at the screen and agree it's unwatchable once you know it's there.
They want to repair it and I don't want a repair on a telly I paid £3,000 and is only 3 months old.
Can anyone recommend or give me some suggestions on what I can do.
Samsung support are useless keep on saying it's out of the 28 days return policy.
Any help would be appreciated

Sunny
0 Likes