Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q6f 49 inch

(Topic created on: 02-01-2019 03:00 PM)
Mike7169
Student
Options

Had the set for 2 months and have to say it is awful, took a picture of the screen and emailed it to customer support on 18th December, received a reply saying someone would could within 48 hours, 14 days later I call them, please take a look at the picture attached before considering buying this set. According to the rep this is inside the parameters and is normal, bought this to replace a 10 year old Sony HD tv that had a better picture than this, I am stunned that Samsung can say that the picture I am getting is normal. For a 4K QLED screen I expected a lot better889536EB-25C9-44BD-B31B-F590144BF488.jpeg

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
cella80
First Poster
Options

I know this posting is old but you do have to consider the source. The TV is capable of outputting 4K HDR. However, if the source is Standard Definition then you will get a pretty terrible picture. Or if its in HD its still not as great as 4K. The TV will upscale as best as it can to near 4K resolution but even still, unless its 4K, or 4K HDR the picture will be subpar. Sidenote: If you have Netflix you have to pay for the more expensive package in order to get the 4K movies and shows. Otherwise its all in HD. Your internet speed also plays a role too. 

0 Likes
Mike7169
Student
Options

Thanks for the reply

the image is taken from sky q in 4 k, internet speed is well over 100meg, Netflix account is for 4 k, using high quality connecting leads, over £100 each, so taking all of the above into account then the TV is at fault, not my eyes, or the content quality. Customer service from Samsung is appalling. My 12 year old son the set has a better quality picture than this. Would never buy another Samsung tv

0 Likes