Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q60r TV Terrestrial TV Sound but no picture

(Topic created on: 23-08-2019 01:44 PM)
seandesigner
Apprentice
Options

I got a 49" Q60R Tv a couple of weeks ago.  I've been getting a really weird problem with it ever since.

Randomly when switching from an App (amazon, all4, iplayer, etc) or my apple tv on hdmi to the terrestrial tv app, all I see is the Tv icon in the middle of the screen.  I can hear the sound of the selected channel, but cant see it.  Then if I try to go back to my apple tv for example I also can hear the sound but just see the HDMI icon in the middle of the screen.  The only way to solve this is to turn the TV off and on again at the wall.  Standby has no effect.  It can happen a couple of times a day.

I've updated to the latest firmware 1312.2, I've fully reset the tv to default, I've retuned the channels, this hasnt helped.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem?  As it seems like it could be a software glitch with the smart hub.

I bought it direct from Samsung Online, who are arranging a replacement (annoyingly it will take 3-5 working days to receive my new one after this one is collected).  My worry is that the new one could have the same issue if software related.

Cheers

14 REPLIES 14
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @seandesigner 

Have you received the replacement TV yet or are you still waiting? 

0 Likes
seandesigner
Apprentice
Options

Hey,

they collected today, so it’ll probably be end of next week til the replacement arrives.

seandesigner
Apprentice
Options

Ok, A quick update.

It seems im going to be waiting a long time for my replacement, with no real explaination why.

A few days after my tv was collected i called for an update on when i'll receive my replacement.  I was told that it wouldnt be 3-5 working days for the replacement, but 5-7.   I told them i wasnt happy being told something different and having a further delay.  I was told they'd call me with an update the next day.  This never happened.  I spoke to them a couple of hours ago, but things get worse.  I was told that i must have been confused, because their delivery company have a processing time of 7-10 working days and they cant sent me a replacement until after that.  

Yes im confused.  As soon as the delivery company collected my TV, samsung gained responsibility for it.  Surely as soon as they have my TV they can send the replacement?  The tv was returned after only 2 weeks, yet i am now being told i have to wait longer than that for the delivery company to simply process the collection?

At this stage i'm still within my rights to ask for a refund.  however, i was also told that refund couldnt be processed until after the 7-10 working days it takes Panther delivery to process.

Can anyone please help/suggest a way around this mess?

0 Likes
seandesigner
Apprentice
Options

Ok, Another update... guess what, no replacement, and no refund.

Apologies if this comes off as a rant. I'm at he end of my Tether with this.

Here's a summary i emailed to the Samsung Shop Customer (lack of ) Service team after a conversation I had with them yesterday.

My summary.

You told me that the latest update from the internal team yesterday is that they are still waiting for the soundbar to process the refund.

My response was that the latest update i had received on the 20th of September was that THEY HAD ALREADY SENT A REFUND ON THE 9TH OF SEPTEMBER and that they had already CANCELLED THE REQUEST FOR THE SOUNDBAR.  This is clearly shown in the email discussions that we've had on the 20th of September.  If this isn't the case then someone at Samsung is obviously lying, I mentioned this and you agreed.

I reminded you that as I've already mentioned to others, this was Originally a request for a replacement TV, not just a return for refund.  Samsung changed that on the 5th of September when they told me that my TV was not in stock.  So a refund will be sent.  I received an email stating the full order amount would be refunded.  I corrected this to be just for the TV (£674.25).  Which was confirmed and agreed by email on the 5th of September.  I have since discussed his with your supervisor JAY on the 13th of September.

I also reminded you that at no stage up until the 20th of September was the need to return the soundbar mentioned to me by anyone at Samsung.  I am perfectly happy with the Soundbar, and IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY ORIGINAL REQUEST FOR REPLACEMENT.   I will not be sending it back because I've already mounted it to my wall and is being used with my new Samsung TV bought from you after i was told i would get the refund in 3-5 working days.

We agreed that you would contact the internal team to remind them of this information and get back to me personally as soon as possible.  I queried within the next few hours/day. You agreed.

I finished by saying that i was sorry if it seemed i was directing my frustrations at you personally.  Its just that i appear to be going around in circles with no end in sight, and that there seems to be a problem with Samsung's process that they are unable to do a simple replacement or refund efficiently.

0 Likes
Wildrover4
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem with my 2019 55" Q60R, which I've only had a couple of weeks. Very annoying!

Is there no fix for this?

0 Likes
seandesigner
Apprentice
Options

I never found a fix, other than trying the latest firmware update. I wouldn't know what to suggest.  

If it's still a problem take it back to where you bought it.  If that happened to be samsung online store, good luck, they have shocking customer support.  The issue isn't the support advisors.  It's the processes they have in place.

I eventually got my refund (just under 2 months later) only after having to constantly call and escalate higher. 

0 Likes
Daveys01
First Poster
Options

Hi

i have just purchased a 2019 q85 and it is doing exactly the same thing, if I switch from Netflix to tv or vice versa I get the icon but no picture but oddly if I select TV guide I can see the picture on the small guide viewing screen, but no matter how long I leave it it never appears on main screen, just the tv icon? 
only way I can get it to go back to normal is to turn it off by the wall???

anyone got a fix?

thanks

0 Likes
Dave_V
Student
Options

Daveys01 has described the exact same 'bug' as I am experiencing i.e. "....icon but no picture ....". So am assuming this to be a software bug which one would expect at some point to be fixed by a firmware update.

Have checked current s/w version and its 1335 (my Q85 is set to receive automatic updates). Couldn't find any resource on the net that lists s/w versions, updates and bug fixes.

Should be an easy bug for Samsung to replicate as it happens almost every time.  The joys of software :-).

0 Likes
Smudger1
First Poster
Options

I have just purchased a 55 inch q60 and have exactly the same problem.  Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

0 Likes