Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purple patches on TV

(Topic created on: 06-02-2017 02:35 AM)
GreenNeedle
Apprentice
Options

Hello.  I have a 48 LED Smart TV.  Model No is UE48H6400AKXXU

About 6 months I noticed that there were a couple of purple patches on the screen.  They are very noticeable with pale or white backgrounds especially adverts which often have a lot of white on the screen.

Initially there was a patch that radiated from the bottom left corner about 12cm outward and then about 4/5ths across the screen on the right there was another patch from the top about the same 12cm width but went down about 2 thirds of the screen so about 40cm long.

Over the past 6 months they have become more noticeable.  a darker shade of purple plus of course I am aware of them so notice them more.

When a normal picture is on screen they distort the colour quite a lot.  Worse on lighter colours than darker ones.  The rest of the screen is fine but of course it is annoying to have these colour distortions on the screen.

Other than these problems the rest of the TV functions fine.

I would guess I have had the TV about 2 years now or just over.

Can you tell me if there is anything I can do or is the TV on the way out?  What is the expected lifetime of these TV sets?  and will it be costly to repair?  Not sure if there is any warranty over the year on these TVs.

208 REPLIES 208
Del6
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20191006_110621.jpg

Nope... No known issue even though its across the range 

Thanks Scamsung

Big round of applause for your top notch customer service 

Mj65
Pioneer
Options
Yes been through this they don’t give atoss
0 Likes
Mj65
Pioneer
Options
A load of ***** they don’t give a *****
Mj65
Pioneer
Options
Been in touch with Curry’s got a reply £95 for engineer to come out to check for a fault what a rip off
Del6
Explorer
Options

Yep pay 95 quid for em to tell you it's a 400+ repair and not a known problem (even though they are aware of this forum) 

Been mugged off once and ain't being mugged off twice

Reported to watchdog again with correspondence.

We as hard earned money customers deserve better than a ***** TV that packs up after 2 years 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Del6 wrote:

Yep pay 95 quid for em to tell you it's a 400+ repair and not a known problem (even though they are aware of this forum) 

Been mugged off once and ain't being mugged off twice

Reported to watchdog again with correspondence.

We as hard earned money customers deserve better than a ***** TV that packs up after 2 years 

Why do you not go down the 2015 European consumer law. 

If know fault which this is you can claim up to 6 years. 

You must allow one repair, if not successful you can ask for further repair, replacement, or refund. 

Do a Google for Which 2015 consumer law. There is a template to film which will give you an idea if you have a claim. 

Paul

Del6
Explorer
Options
Because they deny there is any fault with this range even when you direct them to similar posts
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Del6 wrote:
Because they deny there is any fault with this range even when you direct them to similar posts

But that is what they will always do. Because consumer law is civil, not criminal they can just deny until forced. They are hoping you will just go away, and that is why you need to read up on consumer law, which is what I did, then use the letter templates which are on here, and in the ks owners refund more info thread. They are hoping you will give up, but if you follow the law, keep everything in writing and keep at them. 

Paul

Del6
Explorer
Options

IMG_20191008_120140.jpg

They want to charge me 95 just to tell me there's a problem that they deny is a manufacturing fault

0 Likes
Jaydeesank1
Journeyman
Options
Follow Paul's advice. Take a photo of thre screen and enclose it with your letter.
0 Likes