Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Ps4 Pro HDR on UA55MU9000

(Topic created on: 16-02-2018 03:10 PM)
Jaykobi131
Student
Options

Hi all, just got a new TV (model number listed above) and Im pretty sure it said it offered HDR 10. I have a ps4 pro but I cannot get the ps4 to recognise the TV is HDR. I have gone into external devices and activated the HDR UHD for the port connected to the ps4 pro. I have also tried it with on game mode and without game mode, no matter what I do I cannot get the ps4 to recognise that the TV is HDR. I honestly can't figure it out. Please help! 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Jaykobi131
Student
Options

Hi, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I managed to find the problem. Which I'm sure a lot of people will benefit from. I have installed the Psvr system which runs the hdmi port through it into the TV. The Psvr box doesn't support HDR so I needed to bypass it. Hope this helps anyone who else runs into this issue. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Jaykobi131wrote:

Hi all, just got a new TV (model number listed above) and Im pretty sure it said it offered HDR 10. I have a ps4 pro but I cannot get the ps4 to recognise the TV is HDR. I have gone into external devices and activated the HDR UHD for the port connected to the ps4 pro. I have also tried it with on game mode and without game mode, no matter what I do I cannot get the ps4 to recognise that the TV is HDR. I honestly can't figure it out. Please help! 

Have you enabled the uhd mode for the hdmi input for the PlayStation as it is off by default. 

Paul

0 Likes
Solution
Jaykobi131
Student
Options

Hi, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I managed to find the problem. Which I'm sure a lot of people will benefit from. I have installed the Psvr system which runs the hdmi port through it into the TV. The Psvr box doesn't support HDR so I needed to bypass it. Hope this helps anyone who else runs into this issue. 

0 Likes
Shakey1981
Journeyman
Options

the new one support hdr passthrough look for the code barcode if it reads

CUH-ZVR2 

your ok 

https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/02/sony-s-updated-playstation-vr-won-t-block-hdr/

0 Likes