Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help - Unable to enable HDMI UHD Colour...

(Topic created on: 15-11-2018 09:41 PM)
Azam6380
First Poster
Options

Hi Guys,

I have just purchased a PS4 Pro and am trying to get the "4k" feature to work with my Samsung UE55HU7200U.

The PS4 was telling me that my TV didn't support HDR, so I went to the picture settings on the tv with the intention of enabling HDMI UHD Colour on HDMI3 (which is the only port that supports HDCP2.2/4k).

However, I am unable to change the settings. I am able to do it for HDM1/2/4 but not for 3, which is the only port that outputs at 4k. HDMI3 is simply "greyed out" and doesn't give me the option to make any changes to it.

Has anyone encountered this problem before and is there a fix? It seems ridiculous that I have a 4k TV that I cant output 4k to.

thanks in advance

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Azam6380 wrote:

Hi Guys,

I have just purchased a PS4 Pro and am trying to get the "4k" feature to work with my Samsung UE55HU7200U.

The PS4 was telling me that my TV didn't support HDR, so I went to the picture settings on the tv with the intention of enabling HDMI UHD Colour on HDMI3 (which is the only port that supports HDCP2.2/4k).

However, I am unable to change the settings. I am able to do it for HDM1/2/4 but not for 3, which is the only port that outputs at 4k. HDMI3 is simply "greyed out" and doesn't give me the option to make any changes to it.

Has anyone encountered this problem before and is there a fix? It seems ridiculous that I have a 4k TV that I cant output 4k to.

thanks in advance

I thought all the HDMI ports supported that. Try another port. 

0 Likes
Azam6380
First Poster
Options

The other ports dont support 4k output (HDCP 2.2) only HDMI3 does and I cant change the HDMI UHD Colour settings on that. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Azam6380,  indeed the early UHD models only supported HDCP 2.2 on one port, only port 3 supported on your model.  BT has table giving supported ports from 2013 -2015  UHD Compatibility

From Guide (page 217)              

Resolution: 3840 x 2160p, 4096 x 2160p " The MHL-to-HDMI connector supports the following specifications regardless of the HDMI UHD Color settings.    So may well may be a default that cannot be changed.    

Frequency (HZ)

RGB

YCbCr 4:4:4

YCbCr 4:2:2

YCbCr 4:2:0

24/35/30

O

O

O

50/60

O

Full guide: HU7200       A samsung Evolution kit would upgrade all ports to the standard.   

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes