Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture judder

(Topic created on: 10-07-2018 11:52 PM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi all , been reading through some posts and something that seems to be very common with Samsung TVs is picture judder , I have a ue49mu6500 TV and had the judder set to custom / 10 but it seemed better set to auto !! So my question is , do Samsung actually look at issues like judder and send out a firmware/software update to sort it ??? Also how do I know if my TV has the latest update ??? Thanks , Dave 

0 Likes
41 REPLIES 41
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Edgie70, Updates tend to be available via download to USB for some time before OTA.       Personally usually  have Judder reduction set at 4 but depends on preferences and environment which setting will suit you best.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks James , I presume I can just download the update to an SD card and place it in my usb stick then put it in the TV and go from there?? 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Edgie70 wrote:

Thanks James , I presume I can just download the update to an SD card and place it in my usb stick then put it in the TV and go from there?? 

It's best to download directly to  USB stick, place that in TV and update from there.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

I'd have to download it via my phone on to an SD card , I don't have a computer or laptop tbh 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Edgie70 wrote:

I'd have to download it via my phone on to an SD card , I don't have a computer or laptop tbh 

oh right, it is compressed file with .exe extension and as far as aware need windows to compress unfortunately. https://help.rakuten.tv/hc/en-gb/articles/201547021-How-can-I-manually-update-the-firmware-version-o...

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Ahh right, ya know something , I'll wait till it comes OTA lol 

valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

I currently got my UE55MU7000 set to:

Blur reduction 9

Judder reduction 8

and the LED  clear motion is off.

This seems ok, but in sports for example the ball if kicked in the air i get the ghosting effect which can be annoying. Also i still notice when watching tv and the camera changes to a wider shot i get the jutter effect for a second to.

Not sure if there is anything i can do about this, becuase Samsung seems to overall have this problem on their tv's?

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I do not have a seperate Blur reduction, only Judder  and LED Clear Motion.  The Auto Setting of Judder reduction 8 was best for the BBC's recent Wimbledon UHD stream on Iplayer, however for most content find too much soap opera effect at higher settings and  intermittent blur.

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

I definitely found that turning off auto motion that it improved judder loads but yew there is a slight reduction in frame rate 

Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

I've decided I'm keeping auto motion turned off , I'm sick of the judder that I see sometimes so I'd rather sacrifice a bit of frame rate drop and have significantly less judder , Samsung should do something about this judder problem tbh !!