Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Pass through video laptop -> soundbar -> TV - how?

(Topic created on: 02-04-2018 05:16 PM)
Pirko
Journeyman
Options

Hey!

I have used up all my HDMI ports on my TV (MU6175), and want to connect my laptop to the TV as well. As I understand this can be done by using the extra HDMI port on the soundbar (MS660).

The TV is connected to the soundbar by HDMI ARC. So my thought is that by connecting the laptop to the other HDMI port on the soundbar, the video can pass through to the TV. Is this correct?

When I try this, the laptop detects a second screen (soundbar input set to HDMI, otherwise it is on D.IN to use ARC), but the TV does not detect any input from the laptop. Selecting the soundbar port does not show anything else than the actual soundbar, not the laptop video passing through.

Any ideas on what to do to accomplish this?

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

Have you thought about just using a HDMI splitter on one of your main ports on the TV?

View solution in context

Solution
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

Only thing is to make sure the two items sharing won't be used at the same time, as otherwise any 'auto-switching' can be a bit hit and miss.

Used it as a solution on my last TV (@ 10years old) that only had 2 HDMI ports. Hooked up a DVD player and a PS4 to the same port with no issues.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

Have you thought about just using a HDMI splitter on one of your main ports on the TV?

Pirko
Journeyman
Options

No, I actually haven't, but that does seem smarter now tht you mention it. Are there any drawbacks to that solution?

0 Likes
Solution
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

Only thing is to make sure the two items sharing won't be used at the same time, as otherwise any 'auto-switching' can be a bit hit and miss.

Used it as a solution on my last TV (@ 10years old) that only had 2 HDMI ports. Hooked up a DVD player and a PS4 to the same port with no issues.

Pirko
Journeyman
Options

Good point, will look into that. In my case it would be a PS4 and a laptop that I would not use at the same time, so the solution would work.

Thanks!

0 Likes