Support

Open search

PURPLE SPOTS on Samsung 4k LED UHD TV SCREENS

Highlighted
Explorer
Samsung dont want to know my tv is out of warranty but this problem seems to be happening to many Samsung owners they can’t even explain to me what causes the purple spots or why on a tv I purchased for£620 on 2/7/2017 all I got was it needs a repair so much for Samsung quality
Highlighted
First Poster

I've found that the TV brightness being turned down removes the spots.  This may be only a temporary fix, but I've had my TV set to dynamic picture mode for a while when I noticed it. I went back to standard and adjusted the brightness and backlight and it makes it go away. 

Highlighted
Explorer
I had the same problem BUT got absolutely NOWHERE with Samsung so got a new tv from lg well pleased with it will NEVER buy Samsung again
Highlighted
First Poster

Just chatted with Samsung customer service - they have no knowledge of any "purple/blue patch" issues.

What brand do you go to now?

Highlighted
First Poster
Maybe a little improvement
Highlighted
First Poster
That’s BS. There is a nationwide problem with this and Samsung won’t do anything about it, that’s why they said what they said. But to answer your question, I will never buy Samsung again. Going with LG after lots of research
Highlighted
Apprentice

I am getting a sony next. 

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/sony-x900f-vs-sony-x950g/585/764

Probably the x950g around Christmas time when the prices drop. But this is my tv right now. Waaaaay more noticable in person. I also use my tv as my computer monitor so its super noticable with a white background when browsing the internet or typing something. F U samsung.20190910_204853.jpg

Highlighted
Apprentice
Is yours a curved too? Is it a known defect in their curved tvs?
Highlighted
Apprentice

@Wangel wrote:
That’s BS. There is a nationwide problem with this and Samsung won’t do anything about it, that’s why they said what they said. But to answer your question, I will never buy Samsung again. Going with LG after lots of research

Is yours a curved by chance?

Highlighted
Apprentice

@Mj65 wrote:
I had the same problem BUT got absolutely NOWHERE with Samsung so got a new tv from lg well pleased with it will NEVER buy Samsung again

Was yours a curved too or a normal one?

Top Liked Authors