Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS4 PRO and SAMSUNG TV combatablitly? (Black dropouts)

(Topic created on: 17-09-2018 09:49 PM)
TechmoUK
Journeyman
Options

Hello I've recently purchased a PS4 PRO to go with my 4K Samsung TV (40MU6120).

I'm having some blackouts where my screen would go to black while playing and then return to normal a few seconds later.  Happens usually within the area of an hour of first playing, then it won't happen again. 

I googled the issue and I'm not alone, Samsung tv being in 90 percent of these complaints.

I've tried various HDMI cords. It also seems Sony are blaming samsung and vice versa. I just want an answer?

Anyone else come across this? 

28 REPLIES 28
Dannydobson
First Poster
Options

Mine used to have issues where i'd turn the playstation on and put the tv on hdmi1, i'd have sound but no picture. Litterally once every 2 weeks. The only way to fix it was unplug the tv for 5 minutes. Got sick of it and traded the ps4 pro for an xbox one x, never had the issue since 

0 Likes
Karp
First Poster
Options

I've had the same issue for months it goes black for a few seconds, during the first hour or so, then it's fine. Lately (3 months later) I get the issue daily and it gets so bad that I can't watch or play with my PS4 Pro? I have a 55" K series and update 1270. Also reading online and talking  to my best buy center (I bought the warranty,  but ran out before I reported it) it seems Samsung had a bad batch of video processing boards but doesn't believe they should fix as it only effected  a certain series and they corrected the issue by retooling and moving to the next series. Not sure who else to report this issue to?

0 Likes
Karp
First Poster
Options
Forgot to mention I've tried several HDMI cables, HDR settings, etc. Only thing I found that works it you have to keep unplugging the HDMI cable turning the television off and turn tele back on the plug the cable back in. Could work after one time or 20. Its flustering to say the least.
0 Likes
Branmuffin180
First Poster
Options
Does this really work? Having same issue with my TV buffering while playing on PS4 pro
0 Likes
JJE1313
Apprentice
Options

Have not tried it as of yet. Gotten used to playing my computer since this started. I will be trying it out this weekend and will post if it does help.

0 Likes
JJE1313
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the help. By doing this and disabling the HDCP, it fixed my blackouts.

0 Likes
Karp
First Poster
Options

Merry Christmas to all, I have been reading about HDCP settings and refresh rates. On a whim I decided to buy an upgraded HDMI cable. I bought a 4K, 18Gbps HDMI 2.0, 3D, 2160P, 1080P, Ethernet cable. So far with all the settings still disabled. I've had no blackouts!! Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Tankkeepers
First Poster
Options

It's the samsung tv so to (fix) it set ps4 audio to pcm then you also have to disable hdcp as bitstream audio and hdcp both will cause the blackouts or green grain effect once you have made sure those setting are correct you can then use ps4 as normal or ps4 pro in my case at 4k uhd but you also have to run a fiber audio to av recivet to get dolby or dts as Samsung thinks fiber can only run a stereo pcm signal of which the ps4 has no trouble running 5.1 dolby or dts threw a fiber toslink I will never ever buy a Samsung anything again

0 Likes
baz-r
First Poster
Options

My ue49mu6400 just wouldn't handle the signal from my PS4 pro at 4k and kept getting black screen dropouts 

Turned off HDCP and that didn't fix it either! End of the day samsung didn't want to admit that it was their fault but replaced it with a new different make and guess what no problems

You have 2 choices replacement with a different make or stick to 1080p without HDR 

0 Likes