Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS4 PRO and SAMSUNG TV combatablitly? (Black dropouts)

(Topic created on: 19-09-2018 05:28 PM)
TechmoUK
Journeyman
Options

Hello I've recently purchased a PS4 PRO to go with my 4K Samsung TV (40MU6120).

I'm having some blackouts where my screen would go to black while playing and then return to normal a few seconds later.  Happens usually within the area of an hour of first playing, then it won't happen again. 

I googled the issue and I'm not alone, Samsung tv being in 90 percent of these complaints.

I've tried various HDMI cords. It also seems Sony are blaming samsung and vice versa. I just want an answer?

Anyone else come across this? 

28 REPLIES 28
Discopimp
Apprentice
Options

Hi I am also experiencing these black out problems with a Samsung Q7 55" 2017 and PS4 Pro and a friend of mine has exactly the same setup with these problems also? Would really like some help with this before I call Samsung ..

CarlH
Options

Hi @TechmoUK. Does this happen with all games? I remember seeing something like this happen when the resolution is being changed (makes me think games that have a dynamic resolution could be the cause).

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Just been speaking to someone else about this. They said it sometimes goes black for a split second when adjusting the HDR settings on HDR+ mode but there is a message displayed when this happens. Do you have any power saving features switched on too, @TechmoUK? Only asking this as you mentioned it happensroughly an hour into playing the game.

0 Likes
TechmoUK
Journeyman
Options

@CarlH wrote:

Just been speaking to someone else about this. They said it sometimes goes black for a split second when adjusting the HDR settings on HDR+ mode but there is a message displayed when this happens. Do you have any power saving features switched on too, @TechmoUK? Only asking this as you mentioned it happensroughly an hour into playing the game.

Hi, yeah mine blacks out for 1 to 3 seconds usually..only happens within the first 45 minutes playing the game. So the next 4 hours for example, I won't experience them. It's not a deal breaker, but I've read that lots of people are getting these issues with certain Samsung models. They've even replaced their PS4s and the problem persist. 

I believe LG had this happen too. They've managed the fix the issue apparently through software updates. 

0 Likes
CarlH
Options
0 Likes
TechmoUK
Journeyman
Options
I believe it just says 1240. Not sure if that's the same one. And no power saving.

Apparently Sony have been blaming samsung and Samsung have been blaming Sony. Could be a way for Sony to get me buy a Sony Tv.
TechmoUK
Journeyman
Options
What model does your friend have?
0 Likes
CarlH
Options
0 Likes
TechmoUK
Journeyman
Options

Its cool, thanks for helping. It just seems to be a comparability issue that I guess I can live with.

I'm sure Samsung know about the issue. Reddit is full of posts like mine. Just hoping for a fix before ps5 comes out lol

0 Likes