Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of this world promotion issue

(Topic created on: 16-10-2019 06:36 PM)
SuperBobNoz
Journeyman
Options

Apologies if this the wrong place for this posting this but was wondering if anyone has had any luck putting in a claim for this promotion.

I tried today and got to the serial numbers screen. It just says my serial numbers are not the correct format. They are definitely correct as I copied from order complete email.  I called them and they said to send a screenshot.

Just wondering if anyone has been successful or had the same problem.

Cheers

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Andyg68 wrote:

Hi Bob,

I had the exactly the same problem so I emailed the promotions team but I've heard nothing back. The automated response stated I should hear back within two working days, it's Wednesday now and this was last Friday. I'm beginning to believe the promotion was a con, it certainly does not do anything for the reputation  of Samsung for me and I always purchase their products where I can. 

Have you looked at the law about misrepresentation? 

Paul

0 Likes
SuperBobNoz
Journeyman
Options

@Andyg68 wrote:

Hi Bob,

I had the exactly the same problem so I emailed the promotions team but I've heard nothing back. The automated response stated I should hear back within two working days, it's Wednesday now and this was last Friday. I'm beginning to believe the promotion was a con, it certainly does not do anything for the reputation  of Samsung for me and I always purchase their products where I can. 

They did fix this for my numbers, and I was able to submit the form but I did have a whole heap of problems with them rejecting my claim.

I would try calling the promotions team.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@SuperBobNoz wrote:

@Andyg68 wrote:

Hi Bob,

They did fix this for my numbers, and I was able to submit the form but I did have a whole heap of problems with them rejecting my claim.

I would try calling the promotions team.

If the retailer promised something as part of the package, then do not supply, that is misrepresentation. 

Under the 2015 consumer law, you are entitled to a full refund from the retailer, if that is the case. You must inform your retailers, not manufacturer. 

Paul

0 Likes
SuzieB1
First Poster
Options

Hi I have had such a headache with this promotion. Bought a Samsung TV and a Soundbar from John Lewis in November 2019 submitted all the required info, invoice, serial numbers etc in good time and in good faith, did not get a Claim ID number but did get a calculation from the site that I would be receiving £250 cash back within 30 days. After many many calls to John Lewis and to Samsung (could never get through) I eventually got through via John Lewis to the team that 'work on behalf of Samsung promotions'  David on the desk (a nice bloke) gave me the promotional id (partial) 11776 (apparently I had not claimed correctly)! As far as I was concerned it had all gone through fine. I was told today that his 'Superiors had declined my claim'. I am absolutely gobsmacked at Samsungs lack of customer service. David stated to me there are thousands of people that do not claim correctly - is this some kind of scam? They draw you in as they did me and then make it difficult for you to claim or deny your claim. 

RichardG1
Apprentice
Options

I am in the same position Suzie.  I purchased a TV and soundbar on the £400 cash back offer and Samsung Promotions have said my claim was not correctly submitted, even though I did it all through their website 32 days after the purchase and had an on screen message saying it was submitted.

The only explanation is that they are clearly trying to reject claims as the Promotions team refuse to do anything about it even though I did nothing wrong.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Out Of The World Offer:  From the terms and conditions it would seem that claims must be submitted 30 days after purchase:#

"15.     Claims may only be submitted between zero (0) and thirty (30) days after the date of purchase of a Promotion Television, meaning the final Claim date (for all Promotions) for purchases made on 5th November 2019 is no later than 23:59 (GMT) on the 4th December 2019. Claims outside of this period will not be eligible for either a Gift, Prize or Reward (as applicable). For the avoidance of doubt, the date of purchase of the Promotion Television counts as day one (1)".

Full details here https://www.samsung.com/uk/outofthisworld-soundbar/terms/ 

Howver I am aware  that some customers may have had their claims initially rejected unfairly as @SuperBobNoz  discovered before it was eventually accepted.    

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
RichardG1
Apprentice
Options

Thanks @james4578  I think my promotion must have been a sligthly different one as they only accepted claims submitted between 30 and 60 days after the purchase.  Almost like they are trying to weasal of a paying  a claim!!

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@RichardG1    You must have claimed under this promotion:  

https://20201.samsungpromotions.claims/gb/en/pages/tvcashback/home 

Runs from 18 December- 3 March , with claims to be made 30-60 days after purchase 

Terms and Conditions here for qualifying products:

https://20201.samsungpromotions.claims/gb/en/pages/tvcashback/terms 

If indeed you meet the criteria has Promotions Team  not given you any specific reason why it was rejected,  did you  send " a scanned copy of their proof of purchase and photographs of the relevant Promotion Product and Additional Product serial numbers (a “Claim”)."

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
RichardG1
Apprentice
Options
Hi @james4578 Yes that is the one. I did everything to submit the claim online in March and they can see I started the process (I have sent them my internet history as well showing the pages I was on to submit it) but they are saying that it is not shown as "completed" at their end, even though I went through all of the steps and uploaded a copy of the purchase receipt and serial numbers and I know I pressed the submit button. They claim it was not processed at their end and so are rejecting the validity of the claim. Why would I go to all that trouble, including taking the TV off the wall to get to the serial number, and then not bother completing the claim to the best of my knowledge?
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@RichardG1  Somewhat frustrating,  may have been a technical issue  and not your fault,  however  would seem that it must be completed at Samsung promotions end.  

0 Likes