Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of this world promotion issue

(Topic created on: 02-10-2019 08:19 PM)
SuperBobNoz
Journeyman
Options

Apologies if this the wrong place for this posting this but was wondering if anyone has had any luck putting in a claim for this promotion.

I tried today and got to the serial numbers screen. It just says my serial numbers are not the correct format. They are definitely correct as I copied from order complete email.  I called them and they said to send a screenshot.

Just wondering if anyone has been successful or had the same problem.

Cheers

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@SuperBobNoz wrote:

Apologies if this the wrong place for this posting this but was wondering if anyone has had any luck putting in a claim for this promotion.

I tried today and got to the serial numbers screen. It just says my serial numbers are not the correct format. They are definitely correct as I copied from order complete email.  I called them and they said to send a screenshot.

Just wondering if anyone has been successful or had the same problem.

Cheers

Hi @SuperBobNoz ,  hopefully the matter is resolved.   Have any other members had issues or entered the Out of The World Promotion?

For folk unaware the offer available for  qualifying Tv's purchased via John Lewis, Dixons, Richer Sounds and Currys PC World, 50% cashback also available for selected  Soundbars.  Out Of This World draw gives a chance of winning  such prizes like   free holiday worth up to £10,000, in adddition to  guaranteed 10 Rakuten movie rental e-codes. 

Further information is here :https://www.samsung.com/uk/outofthisworld/

Get Started/Terms and Conditions :

https://20182.samsungpromotions.claims/gb/en/claims/outofthisworldtv/get-started

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
SuperBobNoz
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for reply James

Unfortunately still not working but I did get a response from promotions team stating it would be fixed in next 48 hours.

Cheers,

Rob 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@SuperBobNoz wrote:

Thanks for reply James

Unfortunately still not working but I did get a response from promotions team stating it would be fixed in next 48 hours.

Cheers,

Rob 

Thanks for letting us know Rob, hopefully not too long  a wait.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
SuperBobNoz
Journeyman
Options

I’m really not happy as I feel I have been totally misled and ended up buying a soundbar that I wouldn’t have done, at this time, without this offer. 

I’ve been looking for a new TV and noticed that the Samsung Store had 25% off via the StudentBeans discount portal. Shown in the screenshot below: 

Screen1.png

As you can see it is advertising the competition but be honest, I didn’t pay much attention to it. I then went to buy the TV and then along with the discounted price they show that you could get 50% cashback on a soundbar.  

Screen2.png

I then went to look at the details of the offer on the linked provided, which shows this. 

screen3.png

As it was such a good offer I went and bought a TV and SoundBar. 

After they arrived I went to completed the claim form but was unable to do so as it wouldn’t accept my serial numbers (I don’t think this is related, just an issue with the website that may have been fixed by now). I contacted the promotion support team and they asked me to submit details of the claim via email.   

They rejected my claim and replied quoting the following T&C at me: 

“This Promotion is only available to end-users (e.g. not to any reseller or business) and is not available in conjunction with any other offer.” 

They said as I had received a discount on my order it constituted “another offer”. 

I could understand if I had used some sort of voucher code to get the discount – I didn’t, I just added two discounted items directly from the website. The offer is clearly advertised with the discounted price for the TV. 

If this is the case it means that it is impossible to get this offer with any discount applied and therefore via accessing this website via  StudentBeans. I’m sure it is false advertising especially and it effectively enticed me to buy the soundbar using an offer that was not available to me. 

I decided to complain to the Samsung Store about this and they implied that the offer should be available and escalated to a senior team. I think this went back to the promotion teams. 

I got another response from them today saying that as I got more than 10% discount (10% is a normal amount for a student discount) this counts as “another offer”. I got 25% off the TV and 30% off the soundbar but how was it possible to know this was excluded. There is no way to not buy at these prices via the website. 

Gone back to the Samsung Store and they are now saying the same thing. How is it obvious for the T&C that this offer is not available? How it obvious that 10% is ok more is not! 

Just to make it clear I have also posted a video on YouTube of the step I went through to purchase the items. I also sent this to the promotion team and the Samsung store support team. 

https://youtu.be/rFypf2RWt3E 

This has left a really sour taste in my mouth. The TV and soundbar are both amazing but I’m unable to enjoy either as I feel like I have been duped. 

I’m not really sure how to proceed or if there is anything I can do. Any advice would be much appreciated. 

SuperBobNoz
Journeyman
Options

Just to let anyone know who comes across this post my claim was finally accepted today. Thanks to the help of the Samsung Store Support Team.

hamza123
First Poster
Options

Hi

I am just about to buy a soundbar as well and i purchased my tv with the student discount too. Which soundbar did you get and how much did you pay for it in the end?

0 Likes
hamza123
First Poster
Options
Hi

I am just about to buy a soundbar as well and i purchased my tv with the student discount too. Which soundbar did you get and how much did you pay for it in the end and just to confirm was it their fault?
0 Likes
SuperBobNoz
Journeyman
Options

@hamza123 wrote:
Hi

I am just about to buy a soundbar as well and i purchased my tv with the student discount too. Which soundbar did you get and how much did you pay for it in the end and just to confirm was it their fault?

I went for HW-Q90R and it will end up costing £455 when I get cashback. It has been approved but you have to wait 30 days for cashback. It was the promotions team who rejected my claim and didn't get anywhere complaining to them. It was the Store Support Team that sorted it all for me and to be fair they were great and never disputed my claim.

To be honest I have no idea why my claim was rejected by the promotions team. I went on a couple of other forums and a few people said they had claimed successfully with discounted TV and Soundbar.

Just make sure you have screenshots of TV you bought with discount and offer shown together as evidence.

Andyg68
First Poster
Options

Hi Bob,

I had the exactly the same problem so I emailed the promotions team but I've heard nothing back. The automated response stated I should hear back within two working days, it's Wednesday now and this was last Friday. I'm beginning to believe the promotion was a con, it certainly does not do anything for the reputation  of Samsung for me and I always purchase their products where I can. 

0 Likes