Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Connect Box issues

(Topic created on: 08-05-2020 01:01 AM)
DDinh
First Poster
Options

Just got done talking with Samsung Support to fix a Qled 6 for having Intermittent issues. We only the tv for a little more than a year. The tech walked me through the troubleshooting steps. The same troubleshooting steps that I’ve found on other online threads that deals with this issue:

-Turn on/ turn off

-Make tv software is up to date

-And then do complete reset. 

After all that. The issue persisted. And the tech automatically says that I will need to replace the One Connect box and the invisible cable wire!

To which I asked if this is a known issue with the Qled and the One Connect box?

Tech replies that this is “not” a known issue to them!

Of course I called “Bull*****”!

Really?  Not a known issue? But the remedy that you automatically prescribed to me is to get a new one connect box!

You didn’t tell me that it could be a display issue. Or any other issue. You just gave me one recommendation. And that is to get a new One Connect Box. But yet, it’s not a known issue to you?!

If its not a known issue to you then Samsung must be trying real hard to play deaf and dumb. Because the moment I google one connect issues. There multiple threads listing troubleshooting advices for it!!

And the kicker?  The new One Connect box will cost you $500!!  

Might as well by myself a brand new tv!!

63 REPLIES 63
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @DDinh 

Could you give us a little more info on the intermittent issues you are having with the TV please?

0 Likes
MelR
Student
Options
Thanks for the info.. My HDMI(4)s just quit...one at a time...Just past the warranty period.
My issue started back in January while it was under warranty.
My first thought was it can't be a new tv problem..so, ..I replaced the HDMI device under question.
Same problem...then the other inputs started the intermittent work-no work routine..
Called Samsung and talked to a rep and norther answer other than change hdmi cables.
So far a $700.00 tv and service and parts to repair near that..
Thanks just buying another..no Samsung this time

Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

Why is my post being deleted?

Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

Love to know why you are deleting this post as it does not contain profanity or abuse and I see as a legitimate forum post to be honest I would love a mod to help me on my issues below, I'm sure you would be really frustrated if you was I. I believe customer service and care was all about seeing things from the customers view point.

----

I have issues too with a Q9FN 55in that is 1yr and 3months old. I play PS4 and after 4hrs of play I get a black flickering screen and then lose connection to the HDMI port and every port now does not recognize anything plugged in to them. If I turn the tv off for a number of hours or till the morning, everything works again. Another issue I'm having is if the tv has been on all day it starts turning itself on and off every 10-15secs, every time it comes back on it displays the Samsung Qled logo. I have been talked through the 1. Need to change your HDMI cable 2. Reset your TV and 3. I have had remote to my tv by tech support.

I think this is definitely an overheating issue and I'm baffled with Samsung not admitting it's a fault.

This TV was supposed to be Samsungs flagship TV, the only ship I see is my £1800 sunk and you can include the £900 N850 Harman Kardon soundbar that I wouldn't of bought not for the TV.

As far as I know I may be lucky as I bought my TV from Currys UK and looking at my receipt I see it has 5yrs warranty, problem being is the at home Samsung tech dude did not see a warranty on my account, but they gave me a number of a tv repair conpany that had a 2.1 trust pilot score full of bad reviews and a facebook account that has not received a post since 2013, thanks for the recommendation Samsung.

Problem for us all is trying to sort this out in lockdown is a nightmare.

AntS
Options

Hi @Barrys_Qled , Looked into the post deletion for you. Multiple edits caused your original post to fall foul of the board's auto-spam filter. I can restore it - but as you posted what's in it in the later post it'll just effectively be a duplicate one.

------------------------------------------------------------------

If Support have recommended a repair after a remote management session, then an engineer would need to take a look at the TV to find out exactly what's going on. 🙁

Have you been in touch with Currys too? It might be that the extended 5 year warranty is with them rather than directly with Samsung. Worth exploring all your options here.

0 Likes
Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

Thankyou for the reply AntS, Currys automated phone service directs you to call Samsung direct for all warranty issues, but I have recently sent them a mail and hope they will get back to me soon.

0 Likes
NoPain71
Student
Options

I've had my Q7 for about a year now, and my OCB is starting to lose signal. I have no channels, so rely mainly on streaming. It will start freezing up in the middle of a movie. Checked my internet, and all is good. 400 down, and 20 up on my internet. Plenty of bandwidth for streaming. Checked the forums to see what might be wrong, and boom goes the dynamite. Looks like the box. Isn't that covered under warranty? Shouldn't Samsung send a new one if the TV has only been owned for a year? I mean, i spent about $2000 on my TV. 65 inch curved screen. I really don't want to have to replace this box so soon after buying the TV.

Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

I had an engineer visit me this week. I was really lucky as I was out of warranty with Samsung by a few months, but they said they would send out an engineer as a one off, I did have to push it on the telephone to be put through to a supervisor though. The engineer pulled up a screen on my tv and showed me three lines of numbers which were power issues and problems with the tv. The engineer ordered me a new invisible cable and a circuit board replacement for my one connect box, which hopefully he will fit this week after ordering the parts.

Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

My advice to you is to get extended warranty on your tv if you can, with all the issues I have read about one connect box and invisible cable issues. I'm sure I will be calling an engineer out again within a 1-2years again after just taking extended warranty out myself at the cost of £6.50 a month.

0 Likes