Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No Disney+ and can't sign into Samsung account.

(Topic created on: 28-03-2020 08:53 PM)
Vormulac
Student
Options

Hi folks,

Like the rest of the planet, I signed up for Disney+ and tried to watch it this evening on my tv, but there is no app, only a DisneyLife app that doesn't do anything. I tried to update my apps but when I tried to log into my Samsung account I got the error message "Unable to connect to the server. Please try again later" (it is connected to the internet, I checked). I noticed that when I turned the tv on it's not announcing up in the top left corner that I'm logged into my account - it always has done in the past. Is there a problem that anyone is aware of concerning this? 
My tv is only a couple of years old, it's a UE48JU7000.

Thanks to anyone who might have an insight into this.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Vormulac! As this TV was manufactured in 2015, Disney+ won't be available to be downloaded I'm afraid. You can still use other devices to watch it though. 

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Vormulac! As this TV was manufactured in 2015, Disney+ won't be available to be downloaded I'm afraid. You can still use other devices to watch it though. 

Vormulac
Student
Options

Hi CarloL,

Thanks for solving this for me so swiftly. I've only had this tv a couple of years, can't believe it's effectively obsolete already! I've discovered I can watch Disney+ through the Xbox, so it's not a total disaster, just a bit inconvenient.

As a matter of interest, do you know why I might be getting the failure to log into my Samsung account via the tv? It's always worked in the past.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

I wouldn't say that the TV is obsolete, it's just this specific app that is compatile only with TVs from 2016 onwards :smiling-face:

Try these steps: unplug your TV from the wall socket > Wait 30 seconds, then plug your TV back in > Using your remote, turn your TV on. Also, what software version is your TV currently running on? You can find it here: Menu > Settings > Support > Contact Samsung. 

0 Likes