Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No DTS support on the 2018 Q9fn?

(Topic created on: 08-01-2019 05:20 PM)
Ian6xtreme
Explorer
Options

After recently upgrading my ue46c8000 to a qe55q9fn 2018 model. Ive discovered that DTS is not supported? Is this going to be resolved with a firmware update as most films films now come with DTS audio? 

Samsung blu ray players also support DTS? Is this an oversight or a backward step? 

203 REPLIES 203
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@superroot wrote:

Please let me know how can I reclaim my money back. I am also in EU. I just started watching 4K movies and got the Audio is not supported message. Took me a week to figure out it was Samsung fault.

The problem you have is Samsung do not now say the tv supports DTS,  so you can claim misrepresentation.  Samsung should have made it clear their 2017/2018 models no longer support DTS,  but they did not. Not what I would call fair but hard to claim against. 

Paul

0 Likes
superroot
Journeyman
Options

@Samsung please let us know if DTS will be reintroduced in futurure updates or not. 

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@superroot wrote:

@Samsung please let us know if DTS will be reintroduced in futurure updates or not. 

I wouldn't hold your breath.  They removed the function to save money and for the few owners who are not happy I do not think they care. 

What is bad about this is they never actually pointed out that they were removing DTS support in any of their advertising. They are quick to point out new functions though. 

It is a backwards step as lg summer DTS and now Atmos,  pass through from Netflix. 

0 Likes
superroot
Journeyman
Options

This is actually a s***d d**k move. Save money from paying patents and lose clinets of middle-high end products. I for one will switch to a diffrent manufacturer for both phones and TV. 

superroot
Journeyman
Options

to all readers of this page:  like all Samsung TVs from 2018 and 2019, DTS passthrough is NOT supported on the HDMI Audio Return Channel or through optical.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@superroot wrote:

to all readers of this page:  like all Samsung TVs from 2018 and 2019, DTS passthrough is NOT supported on the HDMI Audio Return Channel or through optical.

I think we are aware if that. Funny the Panasonic 2016 we're not DTS but they all are now and so us the lg yet Samsung have dropped it. Very odd. 

0 Likes
Nevenzg
Apprentice
Options

Well, maybe we are small but I work for some social networks and I will make sure that more people learn about Samsung and this stupidity.

superroot
Journeyman
Options

I will post a review on every electronics store website in my country and I will make it so that they will be first in the list.

Ian6xtreme
Explorer
Options
No ***** Sherlock. 😁😁
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@superroot wrote:

I will post a review on every electronics store website in my country and I will make it so that they will be first in the list.

Don't forget trust pilot,  and I know they monitor the site.