Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No DTS support on the 2018 Q9fn?

(Topic created on: 05-01-2019 08:13 PM)
Ian6xtreme
Explorer
Options

After recently upgrading my ue46c8000 to a qe55q9fn 2018 model. Ive discovered that DTS is not supported? Is this going to be resolved with a firmware update as most films films now come with DTS audio? 

Samsung blu ray players also support DTS? Is this an oversight or a backward step? 

203 REPLIES 203
j0p3Y
Explorer
Options

I'm going to send back my 55q9f I bought three weeks ago.  Here in the EU we have a 2 months reclaim period when one is not happy with the product. I already had my 400euro Cashback approved, well they can shove it.

No more Samsung for me, ever . What use this TV has when I only can add inferior/obsolete hardware to one of the 4 topnotch hdmi ports? Stupid decision  

It will be LG Oled for me... 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@j0p3Y wrote:

I'm going to send back my 55q9f I bought three weeks ago.  Here in the EU we have a 2 months reclaim period when one is not happy with the product. I already had my 400euro Cashback approved, well they can shove it.

No more Samsung for me, ever . What use this TV has when I only can add inferior/obsolete hardware to one of the 4 topnotch hdmi ports? Stupid decision  

Amazing how they dropped DTS,  yet LG now support Atmos. I love Netflix in Atmos sent to my Denon receiver on my 65 lg c8. I even had the 75 q900r until it broke and sent back. No DTS on it hdr was to bright and odd, subtitles washed everything out,  and up scaling SD was not very good. 

0 Likes
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

I too have a q9fn and lots of 4k hdr movies on hdd that have dts or dts hd or dts x english audio

Some play with no sound and some switch to a foreign language cause that one isnt in DTS

Does anyone know if getting a Sony xf9000 soundbar which supports  all DTS including DTS X will work if connected by hdmi arc

Or will the TV' Media player  just not pass through any DTS audio  at all?

Also strange that some of my 4k hdr movies on HDD ha ve atmos 7.1 audio and they play with sound on the tv...

Thx

0 Likes
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

@j0p3Y wrote:

Same here mate...

Mines going back too, i got mine when the 'free galaxy note 9' offer was on, havnt even claimed that yet cause was finding issues with this tv from the start

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Leet2274 wrote:

I too have a q9fn and lots of 4k hdr movies on hdd that have dts or dts hd or dts x english audio

Some play with no sound and some switch to a foreign language cause that one isnt in DTS

Does anyone know if getting a Sony xf9000 soundbar which supports  all DTS including DTS X will work if connected by hdmi arc

Or will the TV' Media player  just not pass through any DTS audio  at all?

Also strange that some of my 4k hdr movies on HDD ha ve atmos 7.1 audio and they play with sound on the tv...

Thx

No will not pass through DTS.  It is Dolby digital so will pass through atmos I think,  but not DTS

0 Likes
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options
Thx for the reply mate.
0 Likes
Ian6xtreme
Explorer
Options

All my media is stored on a qnap Nas. I have installed plex media server onto the Nas and indexed all my media onto it. This has fixed the problem. All my media with dts audio now plays on the tv. 

I am still very disappointed in Samsung though. I shouldn't have to install a third party media server to watch dts films. 

I'm looking to replace my tv's in the rest of my property and normally I would buy Samsung.  

But not after they dropped dts support.

I shall be buying LG from now on.

0 Likes
superroot
Journeyman
Options

Please let me know if DTS support will be back or I should sell my *****y 1500 EUR TV. Highly disapointed in Samsung. I will recommend everyone to stay away from this TVs with no DTS support.

superroot
Journeyman
Options

Please let me know how can I reclaim my money back. I am also in EU. I just started watching 4K movies and got the Audio is not supported message. Took me a week to figure out it was Samsung fault.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@superroot wrote:

Please let me know if DTS support will be back or I should sell my *****y 1500 EUR TV. Highly disapointed in Samsung. I will recommend everyone to stay away from this TVs with no DTS support.

Thing is it only a very few who are unhappy with this so I doubt very much that they will sort this. 

0 Likes