Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No DTS support on the 2018 Q9fn?

(Topic created on: 28-12-2018 02:53 PM)
Ian6xtreme
Explorer
Options

After recently upgrading my ue46c8000 to a qe55q9fn 2018 model. Ive discovered that DTS is not supported? Is this going to be resolved with a firmware update as most films films now come with DTS audio? 

Samsung blu ray players also support DTS? Is this an oversight or a backward step? 

203 REPLIES 203
KUTlime
Apprentice
Options

Not completely true. Plex method which I have posted above, could overcome that problem. I don't how the Plex app does that but DTS is pass through to my DTS decoder (Logitech Z906). I believe that behaviour with AVR will be same.

0 Likes
JVercarreShaw
First Poster
Options

Hi guys, following this thread with increasing frustration at Samsung. 

1. If I have a Smasung N650 soundbar which supports DTS will the Plex samsung TV app pass through the DTS to the soundbar?
  2. If DTS is not supported on my Q9fn should I should be using AC3 if I want proper surround sound?
  3. If so does anyone know in Handbrake whats the best option if only DTS exists - can I choose AC3 passthrough on the DTS channel  or should i use AC3 mixdown to 5.1.

Thanks so much for any help..

0 Likes
KUTlime
Apprentice
Options

Oh, come on guys... It isn't a rocket science!

1) Yes. I already wrote about this at my article.

2) No, becase 1) is Yes. You need some device to decode DTS beside your TV. It is simple as that.

3) No, just use some device to decode it, see 2)

0 Likes
JVercarreShaw
First Poster
Options

Thanks, yes makes sense, just wanted clarity.

Would it be a bad option to make in my MP4 videos the first track DTS and have a second track as AAC. This would be good for my setup but if in the future I got a device that didnt support DTS would this not play audio at all or would it automatically find and play the AAC? Thanks.. 

0 Likes
BKS
Student
Options

Hi All,

I feel like cheated here as I recently bought UE55NU7409UXZG and then found It won't support DTS and Divx codec.

If you removing any feature which was available in previous version then it should be highlited in the technical speicification page.

Not at all happy with this purchase... 

0 Likes
dzx19468
Student
Options

Hi @AndrewL

Are there any updates on this topic? It seams that my Q900R premium 8k tv also not supports DTS, which is a huge disappointment! Will there be a firmwareupdate für later DTS support!?

thx for a respond

dzx19468

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@dzx19468 wrote:

@Anonymous User @AndrewL

Are there any updates on this topic? It seams that my Q900R premium 8k tv also not supports DTS, which is a huge disappointment! Will there be a firmwareupdate für later DTS support!?

thx for a respond

dzx19468

I think you may be waiting a long time for any update.  Samsung removed support for DTS and  I doubt they will reinstate. 

0 Likes
Nevenzg
Apprentice
Options
This is too bad. I regret that I gave all that money for Samsung TV and returning this product is maybe the best option. They are not the only brand on the market.
nlee
First Poster
Options
Are you supposed to read the manual when buying a tv?But you might have to when buying Samsung now 😞
0 Likes
Dutchhawk
Apprentice
Options

I would even consider to pay some money for an update with the DTS-license. Maybe Samsung culd offer that