Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No DTS support? No Samsung TV for me, thanks

(Topic created on: 14-07-2019 12:07 PM)
JChris
Student
Options

I wanted to buy 3 new 4K TVs, initially I was going for Samsung, but then I found out about the lack of DTS support,  which is a joke for 2018/2019 TVs, the only explanation is that CHEAP SAMMY doesn't want to pay the license.

I don't really expect Samsung do to a thing about this mess, as their support and consumer experience is a JOKE, so I just would like to share my BAD experience and advise people to NOT buy Samsung TVs if they care about their investiment.

Instead of buying Samsung TVs I will go for another brand and I'll gladly do anti-Samsung propaganda on social media and with friends, thanks for nothing Samsung!

1 REPLY 1
Skarbd
Student
Options

So I happen to agree strongly that removing DTS support is a real own goal, requiring the user to buy a blu-ray player to get that support back. So if Samsung is being a cheapstake not good. Maybe it's because most people stream movies now, and that codec is Dolby AC3.

When I get asked for TV recommendations, I basically look to LG and Sony now, and that is after buying 3 Samsungs on the trot, my next TV will be the 49" OLED from LG in 2020. However even that has a potential caveat, if it follows their 2019 top end TVs with HDMI 2.1. That their eARC does not pass HD audio down the eARC if the content comes via the built in player, via the network or USB drive (So worth checking in store).

0 Likes