Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update ver 1201.0 for ue55mu9000 and others

(Topic created on: 05-03-2018 01:32 PM)
szocher
Explorer
Options

Hi. Where can i find any changelog for this update? Released 5.03.18.  Ver 1201.0

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE55MU9000TXXU/

5 REPLIES 5
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

Come on Samsung, you seem to be the only manufacturer that thinks their customers are not worth informing what new firmware is adding, fixing or indeed removing/breaking.

You must have a change log of what new firmware contains, how difficult is it to make that available to your customers.  It doesn't have to go into too much detail, but we need to know so we can make an informed decision to upgrade or not, this is even more important given you don't let us revert to older versions.

This is my first and last Samsung product I've bought, I find it incredible how you treat your customers.

Regards

Phil

frad70
First Poster
Options

This might be my subjective opinion but it seems to me that my TV set is more responsive and the quality of the picture is even better. Placebo effect you think? 🙂 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@frad70wrote:

This might be my subjective opinion but it seems to me that my TV set is more responsive and the quality of the picture is even better. Placebo effect you think? 🙂 

Possibly a factor, though some updates are said to improve stability.  Only the US site appears to provides some info on updates (cannot see 1201 listed)

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

Could very well be a placebo.  I once updated with a new firmware and left the room whilst it was happening, came back, the TV was on and I felt sure things looked better.  

A bit later I was playing about with settings and decided to look at the firmware version and saw it was the old version still, it hadn't actually updated.  I had to copy it across again to the USB key to get it to work, it must have been corrupt when I copied it before.

Without a change log, we just don't know, that's the whole point.  What if they removed iPlayer or Amazon Prime on a newer version, and you find out too late and can't go back.  Samsung wouldn't care you've lost a feature, we'd have to put up with it.

Regards

Phil

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Phil12wrote:

Hi

Could very well be a placebo.  I once updated with a new firmware and left the room whilst it was happening, came back, the TV was on and I felt sure things looked better.  

A bit later I was playing about with settings and decided to look at the firmware version and saw it was the old version still, it hadn't actually updated.  I had to copy it across again to the USB key to get it to work, it must have been corrupt when I copied it before.

Without a change log, we just don't know, that's the whole point.  What if they removed iPlayer or Amazon Prime on a newer version, and you find out too late and can't go back.  Samsung wouldn't care you've lost a feature, we'd have to put up with it.

Regards

Phil

Must've been placebo in your case Phil , as well you checked :smiling-face: Certainly should be change log ,  think unlikely to remove Iplayer or Amazon Prime from modern models however take the point.  Notice has been given when Iplayer no longer supported on older models.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.