Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 05-09-2017 04:30 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
juanelo
Navigator
Options

By the way the updates for the Mu series apply to other models not just the Mu thats why we discuss them here.

MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@juanelo 

Yeah, it doesn't make sense for all the other standards to be listed under gamma,  and then the lastest ST2094 not be listed,  if the set has it.    Hoping that is so,  isn't being realistic.  

0 Likes
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@vangeliis 

The article says Samsung is fighting an uphill battle.  It won't be much of a battle if Samsung puts as much effort into it as it appears, so far.  

0 Likes
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @MuniMula 

Movie production studios and streaming services have not embraced  HDR10+ and/or Dolby Vision enough, so neither format has become mainstream yet. On the other side, TV manufacturers don't add these features to their mid and low range TVs/blu-ray players to avoid paying huge royalties. So it's a vicious cycle.

Apologies if this is another boring message about HDR10+ .

MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@vangeliis 

The thing with Samsung's HDR10+ is there are no royalties, anyone can use it on their product, if they pay a very small annual fee,  for that right.    I can understand Dolby Vision, since it's a hardware addition, plus probably royalties, being slow to catch on, but HDR10+ being just software and basically free , you would expect it to flourish.   But if Samsung doesn't care enough to apply it to their own product, like we've been told,  as long ago as 3 years, then I can understand such lack of enthusiasm and slow start.  Or perhaps maybe….ending.

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

Panisonic is true to its word.  Hopefully Samsung cares about it's customers as much.  

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1564734600

0 Likes
Ameliius
Explorer
Options

20200118_182654.jpgFriends Samsung Q70R, first time i see the HDR10+ logo:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
RickityRack
First Poster
Options

That's good. Did you ask him if in the gamma settings he was seeing ST.2094? 

0 Likes