Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 05-09-2017 04:30 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@vangeliis wrote:

Many thanks @JAMES4578@AntS 

On a slighty different subject I happy to report that Nvidia Shield TV Experience Update 8.0.1 fixed the problem I had with green flashes on my MU6470 over HDMI.

Happy days.

@vangeliis  Good to hear that at least green flashes sorted with Nvidia Shield TV :smiling-face:

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
juanelo
Navigator
Options

At the begginning Samsung even promised that 2016 models like the KS8000  wouldg HDR10+. On the KS fórums they discuss this issue and obviously áre  very angry because Samsung lied to them. Let's hope that doesn't happen to us.

0 Likes
juanelo
Navigator
Options

On a slightly different subject we should ask samsung to update our tvs to eARC so we can get Atmos from tv apps like Netflix.

kjkjk32
Pioneer
Options

Do MU series or Q9FN screens
Will eARC receive?

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

From HD Guru:

"According to Samsung spokesman Scott Cohen, eARC is not being supported in the company’s 2019 TVs because: “We are moving to a streaming world and the streaming sites are adding Dolby Atmos–which is a key reason you’d want eARC–through [the lossy] Dolby Digital Plus [format]. So we really feel we can support our customers now” with standard HDMI-ARC"

Samsung TVs

Samsung TV models in the 8K Q900R series will support 8K video at a HFR of up to 60 fps through HDMI 2.1 connections. Those who bought a Samsung 8K Q900 last year, will be able to get a complimentary upgrade of a board in the set’s One Connect Box (installed professionally) to accommodate 8K HFR over HDMI 2.1, Samsung said.

In 2019, only the 4K Q90 and the 8K Q900R QLED TV series will support High Frame Rate (HFR) 4K Ultra HD video (4K/120 fps). QLED models in the Q60, Q70, Q80, Q90 and Q900 series will support HFR 120 fps at 2K and 2.5K resolution (2K/120 fps, 2.5K/120 fps).

All Samsung QLED TV series (Q60, Q70, Q80, Q90 and Q900R and the RU8000 Series edge-lit 4K LED-LCD TV Series will support both VRR and AMD’s proprietary FreeSync (a system like VRR that maintains perfect synchronization between the display and a PC or console even as a game’s frame rate fluctuates) at up at up to 120Hz. FreeSync is supported by Xbox One S and One X consoles"

See more on this thread:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Earc 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
kjkjk32
Pioneer
Options

A big disappointment without eARC today you can't hear the quality of streaming!

Not Netflix
Not Amazon! 
Not Apple
Not Walt Disney

This is a driver that should be moved on without the sound analysis

0 Likes
juanelo
Navigator
Options

A big dissappointment Indeed without hope for eARC  Let's Focus on getting HDR10+ 

0 Likes
juanelo
Navigator
Options

I wonder if a chance.org petition would make Samsung update all 2017 tv's support HDR10+. What do you think guys?

0 Likes
juanelo
Navigator
Options

And also eARC.

0 Likes
kjkjk32
Pioneer
Options

HDR10+   I have IN MY  screen, but there are no movies to watch on Netflix in HDR10 +

eARC   
This is mandatory on every flag screen, as it exists in every movie or series  

netflix
Amazon! 
 Apple
Walt Disney++++

0 Likes