Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 05-09-2017 04:30 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
Patrick169
Explorer
Options

Hi, there is new firmware 1251 for EU50NU7442  , do we know changelog?

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Patrick169 wrote:
Hi, there is new firmware 1251 for Mu7440, do we know changelog?

Hi @Patrick169 ,   Seems no details on changelog at present.   I know that   moderator on German Community @DavidB  has asked for information,can report back when I find out more.  Some feedback  from one user was  that little change noticed - still issue in permanently removing Tv Plus and pictures too dark/unnatural on some HLG channels  (Film mode), though fine in Standard Mode.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

FenderIsKing
Apprentice
Options

James, i was so stunned by the image quality with Update 1251 's Vertical Sync' mode through Standard picture mode i'm now making it the fundamental reason to upgrade my screen. Like i said, i own the MU7070 55", and had zero problems with that firmware. The image quality was absolutely SOLID with every frame matching the sharpest pixel-perfect PS4 video games. 

ARE we going to get that feature re-installed in the MU7000 line by the end of summer 2019?

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@FenderIsKing  Glad you were impressed with the vertical sync mode and it is working well for you.     Freesync compatible models are 2018 QLED (except 49" Q6FN),   NU8500  and NU8000 (except 49")  I am not aware of any further plans to roll it out but there can be hardware limitations with some chipsets.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I am  now aware of a changelog for the 1251 firmware   (only changes listed relate to Itunes and 3rd Party speakers)

Posted by  @DavidB  on The German Community

2.Apr

Support iTunes App Feature on 2018 TV

Add TV control feature using 3rd party speakers (eg Amazon Echo / Google Home).

Patrick169
Explorer
Options

Great, thanks for sharing.....

Skippan
First Poster
Options

Hello. Am I correct thinking that the MU6100 cannot decode HDR10+? Tried playing a file from an external HD and it showed artifacts in the same scenes. I read somewhere that HDR10Plus is still backwards compatible for TV.
Firmware: 1262
Model: 6100G (LatAm)

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Skippan wrote:

Hello. Am I correct thinking that the MU6100 cannot decode HDR10+? Tried playing a file from an external HD and it showed artifacts in the same scenes. I read somewhere that HDR10Plus is still backwards compatible for TV.
Firmware: 1262
Model: 6100G (LatAm)

HDR10+   is compatible with select 2018  Samsung TV's and 2019 models, 2017 sets have a picture processing engine which supports it but requires a specific firmware upgrade to achieve this-word earlier was that 1250.5 enabled HDR10+ via HDMI but not yet as far as I'm aware for the inbuilt TV apps.

Trusted Reviews HDR10+

WhatHifi-HDR10+

As far as HDR10 was  concerned on the MU6100  expert reviews have concluded that it is below average ,reason being it cannot produce bright HDR highlights and does not support a wide colour gamut. However  overall picture quality judged to be  satisfactory.

cormar
Pioneer
Options

hi , can i see hdr10(+) - effect in hdr-films , without start up the hdr+ - button in the picture-settings of my ue55mu7000 ?

0 Likes
Hakanemre34
Apprentice
Options

hdr10 + update for 2017 Q8C ?

0 Likes