Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 04-03-2019 02:23 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
YourCustomer
Apprentice
Options

Any chance that Samsung will change their minds and include Airplay2 support in the firmware of the earlier models?

0 Likes
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

@Madasahat 

What’s your set-up? Do you have a games console connected to your TV via HDMI?

0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

@vangeliis wrote:

@Madasahat 

What’s your set-up? Do you have a games console connected to your TV via HDMI?

Xbox One X Via 4k HDMI port on the Samsung TV

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@YourCustomer wrote:

Any chance that Samsung will change their minds and include Airplay2 support in the firmware of the earlier models?

Hi @YourCustomer , Unfortunately there are no plans to extend Airplay2 support to pre 2018 models at present.  Whilst possibility of changes in the future, Samsung appear to have nothing definite on this.  (had confirmation from Moderator)

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

@JAMES4578 wrote:

@YourCustomer wrote:

Hi @YourCustomer , Unfortunately there are no plans to extend Airplay2 support to pre 2018 models at present.  Whilst possibility of changes in the future, Samsung appear to have nothing definite on this.  (had confirmation from Moderator)

@JAMES4578

Is there any hardware limitation 'cause Vizio will add Airplay2 to their 2017 models.

0 Likes
jrpbkpcap1994
Pioneer
Options

Just want to throw a update out there about my experiences with both of my mu7000's.

First is the flashes are back sometimes they're green and sometimes they're white. This has occurred randomly while our dish network box is running "Screensaver" but does not occur while watching TV. Also when playing on the Xbox one x there are flashes again. It happens less but it is still there and some games make it act up more than others. This also occurs when watching 4k HDR content on Amazon prime. 

I've also encountered a new issue where some HDR movies cause back light flickering. You can clearly see the back light flickering in dark backgrounds. The new crimes of Grindlewald movie has this issue and it's really bad but I've noticed it in other dark movies 4k HDR or just 1080p movies.

Software Version: T-KTMAKUC-1262.0, BT-S

0 Likes
carlitosmu9000
Pioneer
Options

my MU9000 works fine wih the latest update i got some flahes here and there with my PS4 pro but nothing crazy, xbox one x and streaming apps works without any issues

0 Likes
carlitosmu9000
Pioneer
Options

no limitations, they are just being Jerks about their older models, we are not even getting hdr10+ or anything useful, VIZIO seems to be the better brand they have dolby vision support and even alexa works with their tvs, so regretting buying a tv from samsung they don't care about their customers

jrpbkpcap1994
Pioneer
Options

@carlitosmu9000the issues I saw with my one x was when I was playing Metro Exodus and Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Also the mu line has HDR10+. I'm just annoyed that Samsung isn't managing their outside firmware dev company. 

0 Likes
carlitosmu9000
Pioneer
Options

that's weird i've play Forza4 and the Shadow fo the tomb Raider not problems, don't give me wrong those games looked really good but i think Samsung can do a lot more and mu series are hdr10+ capable but for some reason they don't want to enable it