Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 30-11-2018 03:36 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
UHDHDR
Voyager
Options

@carlitosmu9000 wrote:

i guess i would have to get a fire stick 4k to truly test this theory,  thanks for the info!

Not really. HDR10+ should be available from your TV's internal app if the TV does indeed support HDR10+.

0 Likes
carlitosmu9000
Pioneer
Options

there's no way to know the amazon app only display the samd HDR stamp i have a mu9000 series tv won't give you any info either 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@carlitosmu9000 wrote:

there's no way to know the amazon app only display the samd HDR stamp i have a mu9000 series tv won't give you any info either 

The moderator here should be able to tell you. 

0 Likes
cormar
Pioneer
Options

My tv has update 1250.5 (hdr10+). When i play hdr10+-content from Amazon prime or YouTube premium , i can 't see a hdr10+ stamp either on my  tv or   on the content that is playing.

0 Likes
UHDHDR
Voyager
Options

@cormar wrote:

My tv has update 1250.5 (hdr10+). When i play hdr10+-content from Amazon prime or YouTube premium , i can 't see a hdr10+ stamp either on my  tv or   on the content that is playing.

You're the only person who has ever claimed to see an HDR10+ stamp.

Would you are to post an image as proof?

Also, YouTube doesn't support HDR10+. So I'm not sure what you're seeing there.

0 Likes
carlitosmu9000
Pioneer
Options

i saw on another forum people using the firestick 4k and enabling some developer options it'll display video source information and that should display hdr10+ if you tv is capable of 

0 Likes
UHDHDR
Voyager
Options

@carlitosmu9000 wrote:

i saw on another forum people using the firestick 4k and enabling some developer options it'll display video source information and that should display hdr10+ if you tv is capable of 

It won't tell you if your TV supports HDR10+. The person who posted that owns an LG TV which doesn't support HDR10+. The video source information is displayed regardless of which TV you have. It only shows you the highest form of HDR supported by the content.

carlitosmu9000
Pioneer
Options

yeah but atleast we can confirm that AMAZON is indeed providing HDR10+ video and it is up to samsung now

0 Likes
Uncle_Burcle
Journeyman
Options

I have 2 samsung series 6 TVs. A 55 and 46 inch.

Yesterday I was able to use smart view to connect my phone to either TV and stream videos/movies I have on my phone. 

Today my smart view on my phone doesn't even pick up either TV.

I am however still able to use my phone as a remote control to operate both TVs.

I updated days ago. I have reset all devices. Uninstalled and reinstalled things.

Nothing.

Why is this happening?

0 Likes
rodzucarelli
First Poster
Options

Firmware 1260.6 is out on the US website. 

Version : 1260.6 
- Purpose . Improved usability . Improved browser performance . Improved app performance . Improved stability . Improved usability of input devices

The same old description, no info on correcting issues...

I still get random green flashes while playing Xbox One X HDR games, but I'm on 1250.5 btw

If someone could manage to update to this new version keep us posted, please.  

0 Likes