Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 18-07-2018 02:40 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
dsa13
Apprentice
Options

@alexx271 wrote:

I'm afraid to flash. because while I'm looking for information on compatibility or difference. The model of my TV is UE50MU6100U. Australian model UE50MU6100W. What is the difference U of W.

These letters indicate the type of tuner

W - DVB-T / C tuner

U - tuner DVB-T2 / C / S2

It looks like this firmware will not work

I also have U

0 Likes
alexx271
Journeyman
Options
it seems that the TV with W has a backlight edge
0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

Just be careful of flashing firmware you are unsure of. Having an expensive brick to look at won't be fun or cheap to fix!! Always look at your specific TV model page and country where purchased usually the USB firmware is available 1st the OTA comes a while after.

Sdws917
Explorer
Options

It didn’t reset any settings and I haven’t noticed any difference with anything. I have heard that some people have experienced audio “pops” when using set top cable/satellite boxes and this may be a fix for that. 

0 Likes
Sdws917
Explorer
Options
MU series was 2017 and they should already have HDR +
0 Likes
Sdws917
Explorer
Options

Looks like new firmware has dropped. Ver 1240.4

0 Likes
loftygit
Pioneer
Options

I wonder if thats an advance on 1239.9 and still has the iPlayer fix in it. Not sure if I want to check yet :winking-face:

Looking forwad to some positive feedback on it

0 Likes
alexx271
Journeyman
Options

next cow cake

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

My mu6500 is still on version 1221 , where was this new update version spotted ?? 

0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

My MU6470 product page UK has not updated with the USB files as of yet usually they come first then OTA

0 Likes