Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 27-12-2019 07:43 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

@MuniMula 

HLG is a HDR format that the BBC developed and all their 4K braodcasts of the FIFA world cup (and other sport events) were in that format. YouTube also has adapted HLG.

0 Likes
cormar
Pioneer
Options

HLGHDR_HDR10Plus.PNG

MuniMula
Pioneer
Options
@comar.
Where are you getting your sources?
0 Likes
cormar
Pioneer
Options

@MuniMula wrote:
@comar.
Where are you getting your sources?

This info is from product-manager samsung in holland.

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

I'm still not convinced,  unless Samsung has a plot to hide the fact they've upgraded some of their TV's to HDR10+.    Why hide it, when there is obviously a strong outcry from owners to have it implimented on TV's who are capable of using dynamic meta data?   

0 Likes
cormar
Pioneer
Options

@MuniMula wrote:

I'm still not convinced,  unless Samsung has a plot to hide the fact they've upgraded some of their TV's 

Sorry ,this is from mod on the german site :

• Sie ermöglicht HDR10+ via HDMI
  • Ein TVplus Sender wurde hinzugefügt
  • Drei Sicherheitslücken wurden geschlossen
  • Tonaussetzer bei WiFi-Speakern beim Zuspielen über eine HDMI-Quelle wurden behoben
These are the changes of 1250.5

0 Likes
Crasi1411
Student
Options

HDR+ now works on Samsung MU8000
I loaded up Bohemian Rhapsody and low and behold: it’s a Christmas miracle so 2017 Samsung’s really can do HDR10+. Tv= Samsung 82MU8000& blu-ray player Samsung UBD M8500. Happy New Year early! HDR+ now works on Samsung MU8000

ScreenshotScreenshot

0 Likes
Hüseyin
Journeyman
Options
I see
HLG
st.2084
bt.1886
0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@comar 

Perhaps Samsung is releasing it very slowly, and in selected markets,  just to make sure it doesn't throw a monkey wrench into the works.   I'm hoping so very much that this is what is happening.   

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@Crasi1411 

Did you see a difference?  Can you please expand on that miracle,  and tells us your first impressions of dynamic meta data and your MU8000.    Thank you in advance.  

0 Likes