Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 05-06-2019 01:37 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

@rauriez 

It's good to hear the "green flashes" issue is sorted for you. What game console do you have? and have you tried to playback a movie (with plex, netfilx, amazon prime) from the console and see if you get green flashes?

0 Likes
rauriez
Journeyman
Options
None. I have a satbox and a firestick 2gen (1080p non HDR) but I was having occasional green flashes on both inputs as well (especially the firestick). Haven't tried the input with ARC support. Switching on and off the game mode that someone mentioned around here didn't work for me on 1262. As of now no green flashes from netflix nor prime video through the stick. Too early to tell for sure though. I'll post back if it reoccurs.
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

@rauriez 

I'm on 1270.3 and the update did not change the colour space (set to Auto as well).

I don't have a firestick but I still get green flashes when playing back from my nvidia shieldtv connected via HDMI-ARC.

Perhaps the update only solves the green flashes issue when using a stick? It would be great if owners of sticks and xboxes or shiledtvs share their expereinces.

0 Likes
jrpbkpcap1994
Pioneer
Options

I have a Xbox One X connected to my Mu7000 it seems the green flashes are gone while gaming and flashes are gone while watching movies. There are critical flasges when using the Xbox to play HDR games. These look like critical HDR failures (screen flashes extremely bright white and image comes back together in milliseconds ie. Not an instant return to the images like the green flash issue.) I've experienced this issues while playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I have a feeling that if they acutually updated the TV with HDR 10+ it would remove most of these issues since it would use dynamic HDR information. Also when this update hit both of my Mu7000's it did screw with colors on the larger TV that plays SDR images 9/10ths of the time. HDR content still looks great though. Strange how this update was "pushed" to the Tv's were previous updates had a early realese on the website and this one did not. 🙄

vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

Great feedback @jrpbkpcap1994 

Do you know where to find some HDR10+ content to try it out? A google search doesn't return any hits.

0 Likes
jrpbkpcap1994
Pioneer
Options
HDR 10+ is a system/software that would have to be implemented on the TV itself first. Amazon prime, Xbox, and some blue ray players will output to the TV. Seems like everyone is more concerned with Dolby Vision which is a system like HDR 10+ that uses dynamic color information not static HDR maps. Basically it tells the TV to shift colors on screen and lighten/darken certain scenes.
0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

I have found the green flashes occurre after the TV has been on for a long time. Like a component gets too hot and the green flashes are the result of that.

The issue that bugs me is coming from the xbox input to any other input (the other 2 hdmi ports) The darkness on the other ports are ridiculous and you can not see anything. The only way I have found to fix this is by choosing the terrestrial TV channel. Which then pops the dark bubble and returns the TV back to normal when choosing the other 2 inputs. This has been going on from day 1 and it so annoying. The people who make new firmware I am sure fix one thing and break another so they can justify what they do. Imagine if the solved all the bugs.... They would have done themselves out of a job!!!

0 Likes
jrpbkpcap1994
Pioneer
Options
Back before the more recent fixes green flashes would start almost as soon as the TV was on and a game was pulled up. I doubt that it's a hardware issue because the mu line really doesn't get that hot.
0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

True I never thought of that as it has been a while

0 Likes
rauriez
Journeyman
Options

@vangeliis

I meant they changed the tv gamma correction not the setting value itself. On previous revisions I changed the gamma setting to "original" on the non hdr movie mode because it looked more faithful for some colorful movies and improved the skin tone for others. The rest i keep on "auto". Despite those differences it was just a small deviation between both. After the update, that deviation has clearly increased. That's what I noticed. However the "auto" color output remains pretty much the same.
Regarding the green flash issue, I can only especulate. I can tell you that in my case it was worse from the firestick input. Which is set to 1080p/60hz. The satbox on the other hand is set to 1080p/50hz. None of those have auto frame rate switching for content that I know of btw. The shield might. You might want to tinker with frame rate settings to see if that makes any difference. It could be helpful to report the issue. As I said it might be too early to call it solved anyway.

0 Likes