Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 07-05-2019 02:31 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @AxlZoli 

Many thanks for leting us know. Interestingly the Samsung UK support page still lists the new version as 1262.

I'll get it tonight and report back.

@JAMES4578 any ideas what's new?

0 Likes
AxlZoli
Pioneer
Options

@vangeliis 

Hello, the Hungarian page is still showing the 1262.0 too, but the release date is 2019-05-07. I clicked on the download and it was the 1270.3 (sorry for the Hungarian screenshot :smiling-face: )

samsung.JPGsam1.JPG

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@vangeliis wrote:

Hi @AxlZoli 

Many thanks for leting us know. Interestingly the Samsung UK support page still lists the new version as 1262.

I'll get it tonight and report back.

@JAMES4578 any ideas what's new?

Hi @vangeliis ,   Unfortunately no information yet on the firmware but will update as soon as I know.  

Indeed  the firmware on the  Samsung Uk site has been updated  but incorrectly labelled.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
carlitosmu9000
Pioneer
Options

Us website still showing 1262 released on JAn09.2019, let me know what's new on yours

thanks!

0 Likes
AxlZoli
Pioneer
Options

Hey Guys, 

I think i'll wait a few days before the new fw install :smiling-face: In the past i updated on that day when the new software was published. On the next day the Samsung revoked the update (due to an issue) and released a new fw with lower model number and i was not able to downgrade to the stable firmware. So i adviced you should wait too a few days :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
FenderIsKing
Apprentice
Options

Before i install even 1k of this update, i want a changelog for what has been updated for my MU7070, because if it isn't broke, i'm not 'fixing' it. With a new Panasonic 4K player installed (sold my previous Samsung one to a friend who has a PS4 Pro which doesn't play 4K discs) i've worked the settings to produce some superb results with the installed HDR10+ support (as i understand it, the MU7070 doesn't do Dolby Vision.)

So i'm not updating the firmware unless further details are forthcoming. 

0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

@carlitosmu9000 wrote:

Us website still showing 1262 released on JAn09.2019, let me know what's new on yours

thanks!

Downloading now 1270.3

We never get patch notes so I am installing now. See if the ARC bug is fixed and things they fix they always break something else hahah

The irony is unreal 

AxlZoli
Pioneer
Options

@Madasahat Could you please let us know if you see any change after the fw upgrade? Thanks

0 Likes
TAZMANUK
First Poster
Options

Only see 1262.0 for ue50mu6120 model dates 7/5/2019

0 Likes
apotsi
Explorer
Options

@TAZMANUK 

If you click on the download link, it shows the new version.
0 Likes