Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New firmware released today for 2019 models - 1351.3

(Topic created on: 22-02-2020 02:08 PM)
AxlZoli
Pioneer
Options

Hi Everybody,

As I see the new ver. 1351.3 firmware has been released for 2019 series (RU series and others).

Do you know anything about the changelog? What's new?

(by the way.. is it possible to release divx codec in the future for these new models as before? :smiling-face: )

Thanks

Zoltan

144 REPLIES 144
Toiffel
Pioneer
Options

it seems more related to HDMI/ARC because not only do I have problem with Netflix, but TV does not recognize the PS4 connected via HDMI/ARC

0 Likes
SpongeyBob
Pioneer
Options
I've had an ongoing issue with ARC handshake since day one with my PS4, if it's plugged in ARC will not work (so my Q80R soundbar isn't detected), as soon as the PS4 is unplugged everything works. No one else has this problem?? Samsung support blame Sony, as far as they're concerned their equipment works fine (which it does if no PS4 connected)
0 Likes
Macstinator
Explorer
Options
Either way, Netflix and PS4 seem to be the only affected tech. Still no response from Samsung, and they have my email and number.
0 Likes
Toiffel
Pioneer
Options

My system was working perfect prior to this update, no issues whatsoever with Netflix or PS4......

0 Likes
SpongeyBob
Pioneer
Options
My Netflix was (and is) fine, but always had this issue with PS4. My only solution so far is to plug the PS4 in after ARC has connected then it's all fine. Just annoying!
0 Likes
Toiffel
Pioneer
Options
what amazes me is that tech support is limited to reading the manual, both techs that I spoke with asked for a couple minutes while they searched the manual for the issue.
0 Likes
Albean
Apprentice
Options

Contacted live chat, they were absolutely useless. Then spent 30 mins talking to UK support call centre, remote connected to my TV, saw the issue with the locked sound setting in Netflix, response was not a known issue yet, talk to your amp manufacturer or Netflix. Useless!

0 Likes
Toiffel
Pioneer
Options

According to tech support, there are "no reported issues with the firmware" wonder what rock they are hiding under....

0 Likes
Madman045
First Poster
Options

Seem's i've fallen foul of this firmware upgrade too, Happened while i was working away, Now my Q70R soundbar does not work with the HDMI ARC for any sources.

This includes the Netflix App and SKY Q as a source

Now i am limited to using the TV sound instead of my Sound Bar. If i had realised the auto update feature was enabled, i would have turned it off from day one.

I have raised a ticket with Samsung support, lets see what they say...

0 Likes
Toiffel
Pioneer
Options

Reply from Samsung :"Dear Fausto, This is regarding your recent contact with Samsung Live Chat Support. We understand you are facing HDMI-ARC connection issues after performing a software update on your TV. We would like to assure you that we do not have any such reported issues for the model of Samsung TV you are referring. As you have mentioned that reset already performed on TV and still you have connection issues, we recommend you wait for next firmware update or get the TV diagnosed by an authorized service centre. You may copy the below given link and paste in a new browser window to open a service request page. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ You may contact Samsung Support for any further assistance if case you are not able to file a service request. Thank you. Samsung Online Support"

0 Likes