Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New firmware 1233 for 2016 models

(Topic created on: 10-05-2019 06:43 AM)
Saverio571
MegaStar
Options

The new 2016 TV firmware version has been released. I think it's absurd after the 1239 firmware was released in Italy. I ask those who don't have the 1239 version to try to install the 1233 to understand what the 1233 has different than the 1239. For 1239 users it's impossible to update firmware tv to 1233.

Saverio Casadidio
39 REPLIES 39
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@SK09 wrote:

What the **** are Samsung playing at. They've removed the DTS codec in this firmware 1233. 

Fair enough with the 2018-2019 models they warned us but why remove it from the older ones. Both my TVs upgraded automatically and I've now lost the ability to have DTS sound. 

Samsung what are you playing at. Bring it back

I think this is a reason why never buy any Samsung products ever again. 

I think though if they have you may have a case for misrepresentation.  I say this because that function was advertised, if it is removed, at the least you should get compensation. Also this stinks of the 2016 promise of the free smart things USB dongle which Samsung decided not to supply. Misrepresentation under the Oct 2015 consumer law. This could be another case of misrepresentation. Take a look at the ks owners refund more info thread. 

Paul

0 Likes
Ene1995
Apprentice
Options

I have a different problem with this update:

I can no longer view Amazon Prime videos on the full screen. Now I have 4 large black bars and the image in the centre. The old series like Married with Children or The Shield can no longer be viewed in full-screen mode. WTF Samsung !?!?!?

Now I have to go back and pirate TV series and put them on HDD in order to have a full-screen mode. THANK YOU !!!!

0 Likes
SK09
Apprentice
Options
Apologies - DTS sound is still there. The video I was watching had FLAC 7.1 which I'm fairly sure wasn't supported. I tried a DTS 5.1 file and it worked.
0 Likes
Galaxydude
First Poster
Options

Hi same thing happent to my Smart tv i just upgradet it and now all my smart funktions are gone tho i can still seach them and find them and som i even use budt cant enter enter eny smart funktions eny more my model is UE55K5505

0 Likes
CosmicVagabond
First Poster
Options

I have 1233 and can add one feature that it brought to my TV. Pluto TV now shows up in my on screen channel guide. Direct access to Pluto TV app channels via on screen channel guide. 

0 Likes
Jakim
First Poster
Options

My ks8000 update today to 1240.0

Anyone something?

rozel
Voyager
Options
Seems it's just a number change to bring everyone on 1233 or 1239 to the same version number. Check here: -

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/iPlayer-HLG-UHD-HDR-on-Samsung-s-J-and-K-Series-TVs/m-p/12054...
0 Likes
Robert_F
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I tested HDR+ settings on my KS9500 yesterday and it can be activated/deactivted on Broadcast and Network but not  HDMI which is locked since I upgraded to 1239. Not sure what it will do with HLG for network reception. Does anyone know?

Moreover, I cannot remember seeing the security settings before, so that may be new.

Best regards Robert  

0 Likes
dougmonkey
First Poster
Options

Where in the menu could you enable and disable HDR+? I can’t find it anywhere to check 

0 Likes
Robert_F
Apprentice
Options

Hi, in Settings -> Picture -> Special Viewing Mode. You should see Sport, Standard and HDR+ Best regards Robert

0 Likes