Support

Open search

New firmware 1233 for 2016 models

Highlighted
Voyager

If you read the transcript carefully (please use a good translator) 1233 does not allow HDR/HLG over HDMI. 1239.1 is the latest, at least for my KS9500 and does allow HDR/HLG overHDMI

Highlighted
Black Belt 

@rozel wrote:

If you read the transcript carefully (please use a good translator) 1233 does not allow HDR/HLG over HDMI. 1239.1 is the latest, at least for my KS9500 and does allow HDR/HLG overHDMI

It's took a long time for Samsung to get that sorted,  but does it actually now work?  Just asking before some here try to rip my head off! 

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I
Yes rozel, but why 1233 in OTN and not 1239? Why 1239 only with USB pendrive?
Why Hlg over HDMI not for all?
It makes no sense for a company to produce a firmware and then go back to a previous firmware.

I think the 1233 has security implementations that 1239 does not have.

Saverio Casadidio
Highlighted
Voyager

As I said, the transcript  endeavours to explain this - as I said use a good translator.  1233 has app enhancements only apparently and those are included in 1239.1

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I
Ok. I understand Rozel. But for me 1233 has security implementation.
Is a no sense 1239 not OTN. Why this?

Saverio Casadidio
Voyager

Don't ask me! Read/translate the Transcript or speak with Samsung please.

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I
I would like to know from Samsung not from you, Rozel.
Saverio Casadidio
Highlighted
Voyager

Thank you Saverio, I thought you were talking to me - very sorry.  I trusted everything that I was told in the Transcript though - he referred to his manager a couple of times and I think the explanation given regarding 1233 is perfectly sound.  So if you were to check with Samsung, I guess they will say the same.  In the meantime I am very pleased with 1239.1 on my TV - last night my wife took a 30-day free offer from Netflix (Ultra Premium) and before she took over, I was able to view lovely 4K UHD HDR Films - they seemed perfect to me :) :) :)  Again this was via my Roku Streaming Stick Plus.

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

ERCOLINO of Digital forum asked me to post this link.
1233.0 and 1239.1 are the same upgrade with HLG

https://www.digital-forum.it/showthread.php?194610-Sky-4K-su-Sky-Q-valutazioni-tecniche-e-domande-su...

Saverio Casadidio
Highlighted
Voyager

I personally do not think so.  The Transcript shows I was specifically advised 1233 DOES NOT HAVE HLG OVER HDMI CAPABILITY.  I repeat 1239.1 is the latest firmware and is the only firmware released so far with it.  Of course I am going off what I was told by Samsung and it was Samsung UK.

Top Liked Authors