Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Series 7 Does not support vidoes

(Topic created on: 09-10-2018 11:17 AM)
CyprusGrump
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I had a 40" Series 6 LED TV which is connected to a NAS with 1.25Tb of video files of various types (.avi, .mkv, etc.).

Unfortunately, we had an accident on Friday and the set was physically damaged.

I bought a new Series 7 43" on Saturday, unplugged the Series 6  and replaced it with the Series 7.

Unfortunatly, hardly any of my video library will play on the new set! Either file not supported or audio format not supported.

I've checked and have the latest firmware... have I bought a €450 paperweight?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

84 REPLIES 84
CyprusGrump
Explorer
Options

My new LG plays everything my Series 6 plays if that helps...?

0 Likes
UKBUYER
Apprentice
Options

Sat 21st March 2020... UK

I'm in the same boat, Samsung series 6 was perfect, played absolutely everything,

AVI, MKV, MP4 etc 

My new 7 series Samsung TV will NOT play AVI.

I've spoken to Samsung customer service 4 times since buying the TV and all they have done is lied to me and told me they would fix things for me but all they did was take me out of the 28 days to get a refund from Argos... I think they're in it together.

UKBUYER
Apprentice
Options

I'm thinking about not buying samsung products anymore too, Every room in my home has Samsung tv's including kitchen, we all have new samsung mobiles regular... But after the treatment I've had from Samsung customer service, promised to ring me back 3 times... Never have...

I think I won't bother with Samsung products anymore.

superbhd
Journeyman
Options

I'm exactly the same. Contacted them several times promised they'd come back to me. That it was escalated to their tech team. That an update would come. That was  last year. I've officially given up on Samsung. I've four TVs in the house. My parents 2. All Samsung. Even my fridge is Samsung. NEVER ever again will I buy their products.

It made sense for me to download all my stuff again as mp4 for all my blu rays and dvds. Mp4 works well with Apple and I have a lot of Apple stuff. Also compressed better so it saved a lil space. This took months and TBs of internet bandwidth. Nothin that's AVI works on these newer sets, or wmv many audio codecs aren't supported either. No Divx. I think dts, DD and and host of others. Basically the safe bet is 2 channel standard audio which is a JOKE. 

Best I can figure Samsung went cheap on components of which will never support avi, divx, dts etc and we pay the price. That price being higher than LG and other manufacturers which do. And like you my time to return the tv has passed thanks to their abysmal customer service 

UKBUYER
Apprentice
Options
Very sad day superbhd, sounds like they're reading off a script of how to get rid of unhappy customers.
They said to you exactly what they said to me..
I Am VERY disappointed, sounds like there could be an easy fix to this but Samsung just don't seem to care, this WILL cost them dearly in the UK.
0 Likes
Jasand1
Student
Options

Never thought it wont play avi. Didnt even think about checking this before.

2020 ru8000 tv and it wont play basic codecs. Shame on you!

Really Samsung?!?!

paquito2510
Apprentice
Options

I bought Samsung RU7100KXXT in Thailand. I got same problem as people in this topics but Samsung Thailand refuse to change model and refund me, not same in another country can change in 14 days. That is very bad, they cheat me. I will never buy anything brand Samsung in my life.

0 Likes
Osckarre
First Poster
Options

Same problem with the samsung series 8 smart tv. They don't support avi made with divx. Samsung didn't see the necessity. 

rayangell
First Poster
Options

I have done the same, the first samsung tv  I have bought. and it will be the last I am going back to LG. and this Samsug can go to the charity shop

0 Likes
npn
Student
Options

Same issue with a Samsung 75TU8072 tv

No other Samsung TV in the future for me, after using only Samsung in the last 15 years ....

0 Likes